What I've Learned

...in the last week at Youth Conference.

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
What I've Learned

Post by American Eagle »

I spent most of last week either at churches or at a Youth Conference. Here are some things God showed me.

Major topics:
  • Defining moments. What moments in your life have defined who you are today? Salvation? Running from God? We make choices in our lives that shape who we become. They may seem like little things, like helping a neighbor, or gossiping. Little things uncorrected lead to big things.
    Walking with God. How many of us walk with God? Enoch did. Noah did. I can't honestly say I really do. If I hope to remember one thing from this week, it is this: in order to walk with God, we need to be alone with Him. Go into His world, away from man-made things. Don't bring books or mp3 players. Just enjoy Him.
  • Praying for America. The United States of America has become such a wicked nation. We have blurred the lines of what is right and wrong. We mix "good" things with the sinfulness of the world, and expect God to bless it. It is only by the hand of God are we not rightfully destroyed. We should beg God for mercy.
Miscellaneous:
  1. "It is much harder to shut up than to say the words to others."
  2. "The only thing we can control is our spirit. People can destroy our bodies and everything we own (as with Job), but they can't change our spirit."
  3. "Find me one verse in the 31,000+ that says "praying a prayer" saves you. It's about the heart."
  4. "The tragedy of life is the amount of time we spend out of God's will."
  5. If you're listening to music that makes you think wrong things, you oughtn't listen to it.
  6. "My family has disowned me for being a Christian. But it is a small price to pay for Jesus."
  7. "I didn't come to Christianity because I liked Christians. I came because I wanted to know Christ."
  8. I need to use my talent for the LORD. He gave me me abilities so I could glorify Him with them.
  9. We don't have time to mess our lives up. Let's get things right the first time so we don't have to make them right later.
I pray this gets you thinking. Stay in Christ, my friends!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Good stuff, AE. Thanks for the reminders!
*insert provocative quote here*