Fav bible verse

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Fav bible verse

Post by Agent 86 »

Here's mine

^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

My favorite(at least one of them) is John 3:16:
The Bible(NIV) wrote:For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This has been moved to the Second Church of Odyssey.

One of my favorite verses is Ephesians 6:13:
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I have different favorites at different times, but right now I really like Joshua 1:9 and
Isaiah 40:30 another of my favorites is Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways, acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.
LJ Gibbs
29K to go!

Post by LJ Gibbs »

Hebrews 12:1-4...KJV

1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

One of mine is 1 Corinthians 14:33 “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.” because I’m a bit of a perfectionist and like to have things organized. ;)
Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

Here are some of my favorite verses:
”Yet those who wait for the Lord Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.“
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40‬:‭31‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
”The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.“
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭19‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬
”Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?“
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬
”Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise!“
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭6‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬
”Hyraxes—they aren’t powerful, but they make their homes among the rocks.“
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭30‬:‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬
”For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬
”Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.” Then God said to Noah, “Yes, this rainbow is the sign of the covenant I am confirming with all the creatures on earth.”“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭9‬:‭12‬-‭17‬ ‭NLT‬‬
”Never make light of the king, even in your thoughts. And don’t make fun of the powerful, even in your own bedroom. For a little bird might deliver your message and tell them what you said.“
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭10‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, thanks for sharing so many of your favourites, Bananareader! :D Isaiah 40:31 that you quote first is one of my favourites as well.