Favorite Christian Leaders

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Favorite Christian Leaders

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Who are your favorite modern author/speaker/pastor/theologian types.

I like Tony Campolo, Shane Claiborne, John Piper, Mark Driscoll and David Platt, among others.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm not endorsing everything these people have ever said, but they have made large impacts on my life.
  • Bill Gothard - (Teacher) For founding the Advanced Training Institute (ATI) and the Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP), which has lead me in the way of truth. "Wisdom Booklet" (Bible study, history research, mathematics and science, etc.) and "Wisdom Search" (Psalms/Proverbs reading) have both taught me a lot.
  • Jack Schaap - (Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana.) For his sermons "America, America" and "God Forbid that I Should Give it to You", which are some of the most influential of my life. He officiated my brother's wedding a few weeks ago, and I've heard him speech live on several occasions.
  • James Dobson - (Writer, Radio host) For founding Focus on the Family, whose programs have deeply impacted my life. Adventures in Odyssey, The Last Chance Detectives, MeGee and Me!, PluggedIn, Focus on the Family Radio broadcasts and The Storykeepers all were a major part of my growing-up.
  • Mark Cahill - (Writer) For his book One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven, which showed and motivated me to witness.
  • Paul Washer - (Missionary/Speaker) His sermons, especially the Shocking Youth Message, have changed my life in so many ways.
Other favorites are Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, the Sherwood Pictures team, Alex, Brett and Joshua Harris, Charles Stanley and James MacDonald.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Definitely James Dobson. :inlove:

But yeah there are other cool ones like Chuck Stanley and James MacDonald.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

James Dobson, and Ken Ham come to mind, and Ray Comfort is awesome. \:D/
I'm sure there are others, but right now I can't think of any.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Not that it would mean anything to you all but Bro. Frank Jordan and Bro Johnny Shadell are some of the best. Bro. Cody Marks is awesome too. Got to have a pastor in our lives.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Yeah, I'm not much for like, hyped Christian leaders... I like my small, community ones. Pastor John Aiken, Pastor/Chaplain Karl Haffner, Alex Bryan, and Troy Fitzgerald. At one time I liked Brent Higgins Sr, but... things change.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Bob Larson. :cool:
ique
Found

Post by ique »

rexella van impe
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I like Allen Harrison.

He's the leader of my youth group class. And he's awesome.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

John MacArthur and John Piper are two of my favorites.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

American Eagle wrote:I'm not endorsing everything these people have ever said, but they have made large impacts on my life.
  • Bill Gothard - (Teacher) For founding the Advanced Training Institute (ATI) and the Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP), which has lead me in the way of truth. "Wisdom Booklet" (Bible study, history research, mathematics and science, etc.) and "Wisdom Search" (Psalms/Proverbs reading) have both taught me a lot.
  • Jack Schaap - (Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana.) For his sermons "America, America" and "God Forbid that I Should Give it to You", which are some of the most influential of my life. He officiated my brother's wedding a few weeks ago, and I've heard him speech live on several occasions.
  • James Dobson - (Writer, Radio host) For founding Focus on the Family, whose programs have deeply impacted my life. Adventures in Odyssey, The Last Chance Detectives, MeGee and Me!, PluggedIn, Focus on the Family Radio broadcasts and The Storykeepers all were a major part of my growing-up.
  • Mark Cahill - (Writer) For his book One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven, which showed and motivated me to witness.
  • Paul Washer - (Missionary/Speaker) His sermons, especially the Shocking Youth Message, have changed my life in so many ways.
Other favorites are Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, the Sherwood Pictures team, Alex, Brett and Joshua Harris, Charles Stanley and James MacDonald.
Ah yes, the Harris brothers are "par excellence"! \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*