Praise be to God!

A literal resurrection from the dead

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Praise be to God!

Post by Amethystic »

You know, in modern North America we don't see much in the way of miracles. Some Christians think that the miracles died out with the apostles. Others think that God is a random yes/no/maybe pick-n-chooser who may or may not intervene. I disagree with both of those views; God's power is alive and well wherever there is someone who truly has faith in God's power and his promises. North America, I'm sorry to say, is not really one of those places. Latvia, however, is becoming one.

A group from Bob Larson Ministries recently went over to Latvia and Ukraine on a mission trip--church leaders over there had been begging to be trained up in spiritual warfare. You have to understand, that part of the world was dominated by communism for so long, most of those people are new Christians; they're not bridled by traditions or doctrinal arguments the way we are here, they're desperate to experience God's power and blessing, so they go where the action's happening. Anyways, Bob Larson and his crew went over there, and their reception was amazing. People there were so excited and willing to serve God, to walk in his power and anointing. You could tell by the way Bob talked about it when he returned to Edmonton to speak this weekend, he was amazed and excited about their faith and openness to the workings of God.

There were many incredible deliverances that went down while the team was there, but there was one that stuck out in my mind. A young pregnant woman and her husband showed up to one of the meetings. They had just gotten an ultrasound done, and were devastated to discover that their unborn child was dead--it was going to be stillborn. Well Bob Larson was able to find out what had killed that baby: it was a curse of witchcraft which had landed on the woman's family when a lady in her parents' church (her parents were worship leaders) put a curse on her parents so that she could become the worship leader. That alone is pretty twisted. Back to the point though: Proverbs 26:2 says that a curse without a cause cannot land, so they had to find out what had given the curse a legal right to land on this woman. It turns out in a bout of rebellion when she was younger she had messed around with witchcraft, and that had given the curse the right to come down on her and kill her baby. Just a reminder of how strong witchcraft really is.

Anyways, once the curse was renounced, Bob put his hand on the woman's stomach and prayed life into that baby. A few days later, he gets word back from the couple: they went to a different doctor and got another ultrasound, and it showed that their baby was very much alive again!

Isn't it amazing how God has given us the authority to break curses and raise the dead? God can use any one of us if we're willing to live by faith and trust that He will keep his word. God's word is full of promises, and when we believe in those promises this is what faith can do! Praise be to God!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, that's an amazing testament to God's power! :D Thanks for sharing the story, Amy.

I'm not quite sure - did you write this, or did it come from somewhere else? It kind of reads like it came from another source. If it did, do you have the link?
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That is amazing. I know that miracles still exist. Many people from my church, my family, and I have witnessed people being healed, people being raised from the dead, and many other miracles. :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Catspaw wrote:Whoa, that's an amazing testament to God's power! :D Thanks for sharing the story, Amy.

I'm not quite sure - did you write this, or did it come from somewhere else? It kind of reads like it came from another source. If it did, do you have the link?
I can answer... She wrote that. :yes:

But yeah... Deaf being given hearing, asthma gone instantly... and several of my own miracles which I still cry about when I really think about it. :- God is SO good.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Termite wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I'm not quite sure - did you write this, or did it come from somewhere else? It kind of reads like it came from another source. If it did, do you have the link?
I can answer... She wrote that. :yes:
Heh, yeah. I wrote it. :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's great! I just wasn't sure. :) A few years ago I might have had a harder time believing the story, but I've heard so many great stories right from within my church that I know God does work in such amazing ways. :D
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

That's awesome! Praise God for what He works out.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)