Witnessing Question

I need some advice.

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Witnessing Question

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Ok, I'm just going to put this straight. How do you witness to a Wiccan who is A) not opposed to Christianity, and B) is very curious about other faiths? See, I just found out that one of my friends is a practitioning Wiccan, and she has the two aforementioned points. I already let her know that I don't entirely approve of what she is doing, but that I'm not going to judge her for it (because it honestly isn't my place to judge). How do I go about witnessing to her? She knows that I am a Christian, and as far as I know I am the only Christian she knows. What should I do?
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Eek, that's a difficult situation. The first thing you MUST do is pray. Without that, any other advise I give is futile.

Everything else I say should be taken with caution. I think the best approach is to give the unadulterated Gospel. Make sure she understands that God is holy, she is a sinner (without "judging" her, because you and I are sinners too), and that God will pay her sin-debt if she'll choose Him (etc.). She'll never forsake her Wiccan views unless she understands Who God truly Is, and that can only happen through Salvation. If she accepts Christ, then I'd point her to verses about witchcraft and what the Bible says about it (here's some verses and such)

I recommend (a) having a good understanding of Wicca if you're going to discuss each other's beliefs, and (b) asking a godly adult in your life for counsel, if needed.

God's blessings on this whole thing. I pray your friend gets saved!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I think I would definitely focus on God and Jesus and salvation, etc... not "WICCA IS EVIL!!!!" Once she comes to the understanding of Christ as her savior, then the rest will follow naturally.

The fact that she is OPEN to it, though... that is really awesome. It is really difficult to witness to someone who is close-minded without them just shutting you out, so you have a good foothold right there.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

I Think it's not just not judging here, it's knowing that as she is now, she is under judgment because she is a sinner, and then asking God to give you a burden to pray, for all those lost and dying people condemned to death. And also, practicing and dabbling in paganism and evil spirits has definitely got her under the influence and sway of the evil one. You really have to pray that God would open her heart and mind, because otherwise the devil can really blind her mind and close her ears,so that you can't get through. Make sure that you are ministering to her under the blessing and prayer covering of your parents or other authorities, like your youth pastor. Ask them to pray with you for her. They have vital input and advice. You have to be constantly on watch, at your guard, and pray without ceasing. God bless
AOWarrior
Gold Member

Post by AOWarrior »

The simplest way to show her your faith is to live it out...Jut keep being her friend answer any questions she might have to the best of your abilities and if you don't know something just tell her that you're not sure but will find out from someone who does for her..You know witnessing when done best is built around a relationship because the person has to trust you somewhat before they'll trust the God we serve...I think Casting Crowns
wrapped up witnessing best in this phrase...

"Love them like Jesus, Carry them to Him. this yoke is easy, the burden is light, you don't need the answers to all of life's questions, just show that he loves them and stay by their side"

OH and as AE said pray, Prayer is the most thing we ever do in this world because we're literally asking the God of the universe to intervene and he will especially when it comes to saving a soul...

SNC you were, are, and forever will be Strong in Christ...Save me a seat up there when I get there