The Words Project

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

The Words Project

Post by King Butter Turtle »

The Words Project is a book compiled by Lee Cantelon. It's a similar idea to The Message in that it doesn't have any original material and all it's contents comes directly from the Bible but, it's put into modern language and isn't meant to be used as a primary translation to be studied but, a secondary translation to give us a better idea of what a given passage means (almost more like a commentary). But, the words is different in that it's only the words of Jesus. He (the compiler) went through the four gospels (plus the New Testament, I suppose) and took out everything that Jesus said, combined the different versions, put it into modern language and categorized it. So, it's like if Jesus would have written a memoir. I went through it a while back and was very impressed. It's very eye-opening to see what Jesus really cared about. When put together like this, you can really see the big picture of his teaching, which is very cool. I would definitely recommend this to any Christian. You can read it in one sitting like a novel or break it down into a chapter a day to do like a devotional.

Here's the free version on the internet, the free audio book version and the hard copy of the book available for purchase.

Balloon 22

PM this number to Marvin!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ