When were you saved?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.

How long have you been saved?

less than 1 year
No votes
1-5 years
24%
6-10 years
33%
11+ years
43%

Total votes: 21

American Eagle
Chief of Police
When were you saved?

Post by American Eagle »

When did you get saved? Vote in the poll, and feel free to explain when, where and how it happened! :D

My story:
Unless my memory fails me, I was saved as a 6-year-old boy in our former mud room. My oldest sister told me about Christ, and through childlike faith I accepted Him. During the next 7 or so years I worried about my Salvation (praying the same prayer every night), but I finally came to the realization; Jesus already saved me! I don't need to keep doing this. God is merciful!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Hmm... I guess I first accepted Christ in Sunday School.. Can't quite place it. Seven years old? (Pastor Pat. :inlove: ) I had such a strong, innocent faith that I let get snatched away from me the summer before I turned thirteen. I'm ashamed to admit of the two.five year struggle that ensued, but after finally making a mental step earlier this year (and Camp Decision! :inlove: ), followed with much more Bible study on my part I'm happy to say it's turning around. \:D/ (took me long enough. <_< haha)

Random fact: Disciple's Worth the Pain is playing on my iTunes. Hehe.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I was saved when I was four. I've been truly blessed with parents who truly value the importance of teaching their children about Jesus.

We were at a post office mailing some tracts, and I started asking questions about the tracts. I asked questions about Jesus all that evening, and finally my parents asked me if I wanted to ask Jesus into my heart. Which I did! God is so good.

Something special about that night is that the sky was red, and either Mom or Dad commented on how it can remind me of Christ's blood being shed for me. So when ever I see a red sky I can be reminded of how Christ as saved me.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I was saved when I was five years old. I was in my room with my mom. I think she just read me a Bible story. Anyways, I guess I asked her that I wanted to be saved. The next thing I knew we were on our knees praying. AE, I did the same thing. When I was about seven, I started to ask God to save me at least once a week. Then my mom told me that he already saved me! I am so glad too.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Twas the autumn of 1987 I believe. \:D/

I did sort of rededicate when I was like a young teenager or something, though. Not that the first time necessarily "didn't count" but seriously, you can tell some little kid just about anything and they'll go along with it, so doesn't hurt to be doubly sure. \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

when I was 5 or 6, my mom led me and my sister to Christ. We got this newspaper thing called Child Evangelism Felllowship, and there was a story in it about the parable of the sower. Anyway, I know I prayed then because I felt like I had to not because I really understood what I was doing. And like AE and Sapphire, I doubted my salvation for a long time because I knew I wasn't living like one. But God is so merciful, I became a Christian again on November 20, 2009, and rededicated my life to Him 11 days ago. And I think this last year has been a huge process of healing and getting closer to God and getting free of a lot of problems. And I feel like my getting saved has been a process, not just specific to a day or two.

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, sometimes I wonder exactly how I will handle salvation with my kids, because obviously I want them to be Christians, but at the same time I want the conversion process to really mean something to them, not just when they are a little kid they figure "FREE CHOCOLATE IN HEAVEN!? AND ELMO WILL BE THERE!? SIGN ME UP!!!!" or something.

So when my kid is 3 I'm gonna have him become a crack dealer so that salvation can be better appreciated.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I became a Christian 5 days before my 6th birthday. I've been a Christian since, although I've had my times when I struggled. God became a Father to me and I can't imagine ever leaving Him, but I have to admit it's not always easy. Especially reading the Bible. I have a hard time reading the Bible and can't seem to do it for very long. I try but it's not easy. And I've made tons of mistakes, as a Christian, and still struggle with feelings of guilt. But I'm a Christian and have been ever since that time, and I slowly continue to grow closer to God.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

The Top Crusader wrote:So when my kid is 3 I'm gonna have him become a crack dealer so that salvation can be better appreciated.
Lol! Makes for a much more exciting testimony that way. :wink:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I'll be the odd-ball, and say that I was saved solely by the grace of God through Jesus Christ before the foundation of the world. ;)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

_Connie_ wrote:I was saved when I was four. I've been truly blessed with parents who truly value the importance of teaching their children about Jesus.

We were at a post office mailing some tracts, and I started asking questions about the tracts. I asked questions about Jesus all that evening, and finally my parents asked me if I wanted to ask Jesus into my heart. Which I did! God is so good.

Something special about that night is that the sky was red, and either Mom or Dad commented on how it can remind me of Christ's blood being shed for me. So when ever I see a red sky I can be reminded of how Christ as saved me.
thats a beautiful story TKD. I cant point to an exact date for the first time I got saved... but I finally got it for real at our Youth Camp this July. God is so good!

\:D/