Survey: Do You Know the Name of Your God?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Survey: Do You Know the Name of Your God?

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Hi! I haven't been around for awhile, but now I am doing a survey because I am writing an article. I am doing little bits of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek studies on God's name, etc.

Do you know the Name of your God? We sing "Praise His name," "Blessed be Your name," "Name above all names, exalted high," and "Hallowed be thy name." As Christians (followers of Christ), can you just say right-off what God's special name is and personal name?

Without looking it up on google or yahoo, or searching your Bible, or any book, please private message me with your replies to the following questions:

1) What you think God's name is - right off.. the first that comes to mind, etc.
2) Your reaction to this question - puzzlement, confident answer, etc.
3) What does the name mean to You?
4) How would you describe your relationship with God?

Why is this issue important:
Close relationships are on a name-to-name basis. It is exceedingly important to know someone's name. That is the most basic knowledge you can have of someone, without even a close relationship. You even know the name of acquaintances. How much more must we know our God's name. The Evil One has often succeeded in getting the people of God to stop calling on His name, because "He who calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved "(Prophet Joel)

And do take your time to check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scripture ... 9229177654
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

HAKEBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ Happy days are here again!!!!!!! \:D/

*goes to actually read topic*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I sent you a pm. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The King s Daughter wrote:I sent you a pm. :)
+1

Interesting survey idea, Hakeber!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

American Eagle wrote:
The King s Daughter wrote:I sent you a pm. :)
+1

Interesting survey idea, Hakeber!
^ This. I really like this idea! :D
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle wrote:Hi! I haven't been around for awhile, but now I am doing a survey because I am writing an article. I am doing little bits of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek studies on God's name, etc.

Do you know the Name of your God? We sing "Praise His name," "Blessed be Your name," "Name above all names, exalted high," and "Hallowed be thy name." As Christians (followers of Christ), can you just say right-off what God's special name is and personal name?

Without looking it up on google or yahoo, or searching your Bible, or any book, please private message me with your replies to the following questions:

1) What you think God's name is - right off.. the first that comes to mind, etc.
2) Your reaction to this question - puzzlement, confident answer, etc.
3) What does the name mean to You?
4) How would you describe your relationship with God?

Why is this issue important:
Close relationships are on a name-to-name basis. It is exceedingly important to know someone's name. That is the most basic knowledge you can have of someone, without even a close relationship. You even know the name of acquaintances. How much more must we know our God's name. The Evil One has often succeeded in getting the people of God to stop calling on His name, because "He who calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved "(Prophet Joel)

And do take your time to check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scripture ... 9229177654

Hakeber!! You're back!! I was just thinking about you!! :D Sending you a pm now.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

PM'ed. When are you going to show what people said? It would be interesting to see...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hakeber! \:D/ It's been way too long since you were last on the ToO. I hope you and your brother are doing well. :D
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Hi Everyone! I didn't see the replies here. Yes it's good to be back here. I haven heard AIO in awhile. I kinda like the older episodes better than the new ones; they seem to be getting new characters all the time :) Goodness I joined this forum FIVE years ago, when I was 10-11. Lol...

I've got the most survey responses here! Yes I will be writing an article (or a few) on this and posting the results. I think I shall keep the replies anonymous, ok? For the privacy of the respondents, of course. Do check out my blog and tell me what you think: http://littledisciples.blogspot.com/

God bless you all :)