Where's my tie? Where's my hose?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Bren
Be positive!

Where's my tie? Where's my hose?

Post by Bren »

Long tiitle for a simple question but do you dress up when you go to church?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

jeans and a button down or polo shirt.
he/him | a little stinker.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Where I come from, we dress in a wide assortment of ways. Sometimes I dress up smart. Sometimes just casual.
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I usually wear jeans with a polo shirt. Once in a while I'll wear a sweater (and NOT an ugly one mind you). \:D/
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Yep. We dress up for church. :yes:

\:D/
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

We don't dress up really fancy,but we do dress up.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I wear jeans and either a t-shirt, sweatshirt, or nicer shirt, depending on what I feel like wearing... More nicer ones in the winter, though, cause I can wear long sleeves... Even my pastor wears jeans with a button-down shirt and... sports jacket? I don't know men's clothes. =P Something like that. I don't think it's necessary to 'dress up' for God- otherwise we ought to every day since we're ALWAYS in His presence... I just try to keep myself from looking like a slob. :-
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Yes, I dress up, but it's my mom's doing. I usually don't mind.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I kind of dress up. I mean, I don't go to church dressed all casual with jeans and such but I wear pants. They're just more slacks - dress pants as we call them. I try to wear a little nicer shirt then my every day kinds. Sometimes I wear a dress, but it's very rare. Normally on Easter I wear a dress and then I declare that I filled my 1-time-a-year-quota \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I usually wear slacks and a button-down shirt on Sunday mornings. On Sunday nights I usually where jeans and a polo.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I just wear black pants and a top. Not too dressy, but I never wear jeans to church.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Haha. Okay, Hose? Tie? This gave me the impression of Zachary Levi in that magazine article.... lol. Sorry.

And yes, I do dress up for church. Because, when I do go, I feel like God wants me to be pretty... or well, at least somewhat professional within His house. I have done it all my life, and I like it. I know people will go to church in jeans and tennis shoes, and that is their choice... But I feel the need to dress up. He sees my heart. Plus... my church is a little conservative, and they slightly frown on jeans and tennis shoes... But no one says anything. Because we've grown and changed with the times.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Everyone at our church dresses up, and I don't want to look strange. I usually wear dressy pants and shirts, and occasionally sweaters or ties.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

my church has a variety, but I do more of the "business casual".
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I like wearing skirts to church... not really fancy just nicer. Plus skirts are fun to wear. At my church we do anything from dresses to jeans. :)
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I don't dress up at all. I'm somewhat notorious at church for wearing a T-shirt and athletic-type shorts religiously (pun intended), even when it's below freezing. I'm sort of known as the crazy kid who doesn't wear long pants. I was even mentioned in a sermon once. \:D/ The only time I would really dress up is if I'm a part of the service (i.e. playing trombone) but, I don't do that very often. I figure, God wants me to be comfortable. Also, come as you are, right? :yes:

That said, nothing against skirts, dress shirts and ties, I just don't like anything formal. For example, I'd much rather eat at McDonald's than some fancy place with waiters and stuff. If I had to dress up, it would take away from my church-going experience and frankly, some mornings, the thought of putting on all that itchy, uncomfortable stuff would make me want to just roll over and go back to sleep. :anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Sunday- Suit and maybe tie if I feel like tying it. :anxious:

Sunday night- Jeans and Polo shirt; Suit and tie if I'm ushering. :D

Wednesday- Jeans and T-shirt

Last edited by Whitty Whit on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Joanne wrote:I like wearing skirts to church... not really fancy just nicer. Plus skirts are fun to wear. At my church we do anything from dresses to jeans. :)
Alright... I'm gonna say something that might get me shot. I wear skirts EVERY day. I"ve never even worn jeans. O.o... go ahead and get me, but that's the way we believe. :D And I'm not condemning you if you wear pants. :) But I hate wearing dresses. :blah: So I always wear a nice blouse or sweater to church. :yes:

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

iluvsns wrote:
Joanne wrote:I like wearing skirts to church... not really fancy just nicer. Plus skirts are fun to wear. At my church we do anything from dresses to jeans. :)
Alright... I'm gonna say something that might get me shot. I wear skirts EVERY day. I"ve never even worn jeans. O.o... go ahead and get me, but that's the way we believe. :D And I'm not condemning you if you wear pants. :) But I hate wearing dresses. :blah: So I always wear a nice blouse or sweater to church. :yes:
Lee, you would fit in nicely with my family. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Hollister wrote:
iluvsns wrote:
Lee, you would fit in nicely with my family. ;)
Want to adopt me? JK.