Do you really 'Cast all your cares upon him'?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Do you really 'Cast all your cares upon him'?

Post by Mark Prescott »

As most of you know, my Mom died in March of last year. It's been a hard time for me and my family, but in the midst of it all, when I'm stressed, or worried, or scared, I find that if I take my mind off of the bad things and focus on God, the bad things just vanish. For a while I thought that if I asked God for his peace, I would get it. And I did, but I always thought it was because I asked God for peace. But recently, I've figured out that it wasn't me asking God for his peace, it was that I was taking my mind off of them (the bad things), and focusing on God. After a while, of asking God for his peace over and over, I realized, that the reason why the "peace" Would fade, is because I would take my mind off of God. I didn't necessarily go back to the bad things, but I still felt stressed or worried. And then I realized: See above, I don't want to be repetitive ;) The only other thing I can compare it to is when Peter got out of the boat onto the water and started sinking as soon as he took his eyes off of Jesus. Just remember that when you are stressed or worried about school, or anything else. Also remember that Jesus himself was anxious at one point. So much so that he started to sweat beads of blood. But he knew in the midst of it that it was God's will for him to die. Just thought I'd share that. Remember when you go out today, it's not because of the peace you ask of Him, it's because of you taking your mind off of your worries and stress, and putting your thoughts on God.
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Mark Prescott~
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Thats neat Mark! thanks! that really encouraged me. I have kinda been having a bad day.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Wow Mark I didn't know about your mom. I'm so sorry!

Thanks for sharing that was very encouraging!
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Thank you for posting this, Mark. Again, I am so sorry about you mother.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Wow, thanks! That is SO encouraging!
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Joanne wrote:Wow Mark I didn't know about your mom. I'm so sorry!

Thanks for sharing that was very encouraging!
It was very encouraging but sorry about your mother.
Green Ring
Gold Member

Post by Green Ring »

Thanks
This Banner Is FREE
bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

I am sorry about your mom,
that is really cool that you figured that out, thanks for the encouragement