The ToO Bible Study Group Thread

Join the ToO Bible Study

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

The ToO Bible Study Group Thread

Post by Parker Family »

Bible study was discontinued.
Last edited by Parker Family on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

What I Learned: Moses is giving the Israelites (and in turn, everyone who reads the Bible) a recap of the past 40 years. He shows how in only 11 days, the Israelites could've made it to Canaan, and possessed it, but because they didn't trust in the LORD, they had to wait 40 years in the desert (considerably longer than 11 days). God also told them that none of them would live to see the promised land, because of their fear on occupying the land, except for Joshua and Caleb; the only 2 spies to have trusted in God.

What to apply to my life: God has INCREDIBLE things in store for our lives. Things as big as Canaan are waiting and ripe for the picking, because God wants to bless us with his love. However, if we hesitant, and doubtful (not trusting that God will protect us), then may lose what God had for us. We need to be confidant in God's promises, and be ready to act on our faith, that we may store up our treasures in Heaven!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

The Bible study has ended.
Last edited by Parker Family on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.