Church Burns Bibles, Christian Books, Music

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whitty Whit wrote:Oh yes Amy, I am fully aware of that. That's really funny though... :rofl:

EDIT: wait, i had to pay to edit my posts?? it said, "you received -$0.02 for editing your post."
If you edit your post and add stuff, it will pay you. If you edit your post and remove stuff, it will take money away. It looks like you must have removed just a couple of characters. :)

These guys do sound like they are lower on the grace scale than their name would imply ;) but I agree with those who have said that ridiculing them still probably isn't the best option. They provide plenty of stuff for people to want to make fun of ;) but it still doesn't help to take advantage of that!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Catspaw wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:Oh yes Amy, I am fully aware of that. That's really funny though... :rofl:

EDIT: wait, i had to pay to edit my posts?? it said, "you received -$0.02 for editing your post."
If you edit your post and add stuff, it will pay you. If you edit your post and remove stuff, it will take money away. It looks like you must have removed just a couple of characters. :)

These guys do sound like they are lower on the grace scale than their name would imply ;) but I agree with those who have said that ridiculing them still probably isn't the best option. They provide plenty of stuff for people to want to make fun of ;) but it still doesn't help to take advantage of that!
Oh, I did fix the smiley code...

Well, done being off topic... :anxious:
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
odysseyfan1 wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:The Bible is clear that all you need is a personal relationship with God (even the KJV Bible!)...all other things are trivial in comparison.
Do you think that the KJV is the "only" true Bible?
Lol, you apparently didn't read anything else I wrote in this thread. I very much disagree with this church, and don't personally prefer the KJV or think it is necessarily even the most accurate. If they want accurate, they'd better start learning Greek and Hebrew, not passively accepting the KJV and rejecting all else without objective opinion or knowledge. My statement quoted here is saying that the Bible is clear NO MATTER WHAT version you use, that the personal relationship with God is the most important thing. So even according to the KJV Bible (the only truth), the version you use, the day you worship, the times you take communion, what you wear to church, etc, are all trivial in comparison with our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our savior and Lord, which is the ONLY thing you need to be a Christian. Denominational differences don't make you unchristian like they claim.
odysseyfan1 wrote:Double wow. Those quotes are quite...unintelligent. They should definitely not be going around and calling Mark Lowry gay when they have no proof. OK, maybe you think the guy look's gay. Personally, I don't think he should look like that, but If you have something against him, talk to him, not go and blast him on the internet. And I certainly don't agree with the Gaither's on much probably, but still. These people really need to quit the name calling, and carnal behaviour.
Amen.
OK. :)
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

@ SoccerLOTR: They do burn the only inacurrate version of the Bible: The Jehova's Witness Bible. You know, the one that kind of got "purposly messed up in translation."

Just thought I'd clarify that, since that isn't a real Bible anyway...
he/him | a little stinker.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Steve wrote:@ SoccerLOTR: They do burn the only inacurrate version of the Bible: The Jehova's Witness Bible. You know, the one that kind of got "purposly messed up in translation."

Just thought I'd clarify that, since that isn't a real Bible anyway...
Huh? They burn anything and everything that is not a KJV Bible or supportive of the KJV Bible...including any texts from any other religions...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)