Heaven

in your own words

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Bren
Be positive!

Heaven

Post by Bren »

In your own words, what do you imagine heaven to be like? Is there pizza there? Do we just have stairs in the mansions or what? Let you imagination go.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I don't have any definite thoughts, I just sorta imagine it overall like C.S. Lewis did in The Last Battle. Maybe sorta like here, but soooo much more real.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Well, we (kind of) know there will be streets of gold, right? That's normally how I picture it. A huge city made of....transparent gold. \:D/

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

We'll be able to taste and smell colors. \:D/

There will be new elements, creatures, plants, structures; we will spend all eternity discovering new wonders of God!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

well, are we talking heaven where God lives, or the earth after this one where we will someday live? Heaven, I really don't know...it's interesting though, I've run across a few testimonies of people who have temporarily died and come back to life, and those are really interesting and make you think...I really couldn't speculate myself though on what it might be like. The new Earth I think will be somewhat resembling this one--only perfect--as it was before adam and eve sinned. And there, I think Pizza will exist...non-fat, very nutritious pizza. :D And probably stuff beyond our imagination that hasn't existed yet that we couldn't even imagine existing...like AE said!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Pretty much what everyone else has said. I guess haven't really thought about what Heaven looks like very much because when I think of it I tend to about what we'll be doing there, rather than how it will look.

About the "pizza" thing... when we get to Heaven, we'll be worshipping God all the time right? We'll be fully consumed in Him. Therefore, I don't believe we'll have any need or desire for things like food or entertainment. He will be enough. And we won't have physical bodies that need food to stay alive anyway.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Well, I've heard that heaven is a lot like Texas. So I say yee haw! :bullwhip:
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.