Question about God

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Question about God

Post by Parker Family »

Recently, I have been thinking of a question about God's POWER \:D/
This question has baffled me and I still don't have an answer. :mad:

God knows all things, Right? Well lets say for example he knows all the alphabets (I know stupid example :anxious: ). A,B,C,D,E...X,Y,Z So God knows all of this right? Well if God knows all the alphabets then how does he create new alphabets? And if he created those new alphabets, shouldn't he already have know those alphabets he has just created?

In other words, how can God make new (never existed) information if he already knows all the information there is to know? :-k
Last edited by Parker Family on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

I guess the answer would be nothing is new to Him, it's just new to us.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah what Ayn said. It ISN'T a new concept to Him.
LJ Gibbs
29K to go!

Post by LJ Gibbs »

It has alot to do with the fact that we have a set time scale and God is eternal. So from the very moment that he flung the universe into existence he knew everything and had already set up the exact moments in "our time" when we would learn them or discover them.

Just a thought and as a human there's a very good chance that I'm wrong :anxious:

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

If He could never introduce new information that didn't previously exist, then how did He ever create the world?

He knows everything that's ever going to happen, and He is omnipresent at every point in time. He created time and matter! He has total control of them! Isn't that so cool? God is so amazing that we can't understand much of anything about Him. There is so much we don't know. If we knew everything about Him, we'd be Him or higher than Him, which obviously won't happen.