Men of God a rant of sorts

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
LJ Gibbs
29K to go!

Men of God a rant of sorts

Post by LJ Gibbs »

Please don't take this personally. But during my prayer time this is a chewing out that I needed and feel led to share. Mainly for males.

Man up men of God! Brace yourselves for whats coming! You do nothing but murmur and say that you will one day do things in my name?! Today is that day! You have been set up to lead in the church! All you'd have to do is follow me and yet you lust after everything this world offers! Your God is calling your bluff! Turn from your sins and repent, Tear your hearts and not your garments in grief! Behold I am going to use this generation of men for my special purpose at this time! Man Up those of you who bear my name. Do you leave in a society of lust and emasculated men? Then fight as I have taught you. Using prayer and all the power and authority of heaven that I granted to my Son who died and lives forever more. He then granted it to you through the power of the Holy Spirit. Nothing need you fear. I am going to raise this generation up as the army that Joel saw! You should be going straight to the gates of hell kicking them down and snatching those who do not know me from the fire! Lucifer the accuser has set up his strongholds in high places on this earth. You are Warriors for this reason! You are commanded to remove them through prayer and holy worship. These are your tools of warfare and I am with you! Man up men of God! Repent with your hearts torn before me! Fight my warriors and you shall not loose the battle! I have gone ahead! My Son is Alive and not even Satan him self can touch you! For the fire that burns within you is Holy and purified. It burns so much hotter and brighter then the fires of hell that once you have lit it with a life of repentance and obedience; The largest demons will be burnt to a crisp just by your prayers! Man up Men of God!

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Sounds good and everything; but exactly what is God's special purpose at this time that such grand words are used to exhort us to lead in the church towards??
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Josef1004 wrote:but exactly what is God's special purpose at this time that such grand words are used to exhort us to lead in the church towards??
Who are you to judge how to the way we all look inside our parents?

LJ, your writing reminds me of the upcoming Christian movie Courageous (trailer). At the end of the trailer, the pastor ask, "So where are you, men of courage? I believe every father should step up, and answer the call! To say, 'I will! I will!'" The movie is more about fatherhood, but church leadership isn't too far away.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

American Eagle wrote: Who are you to judge how to the way we all look inside our parents?.
I've never been able to make head or tell of a sonogram, so I guess I'm not much of anyone to judge how we all look inside our parents.

Sorry if I seemed to assert that I could. :-k
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
LJ Gibbs
29K to go!

Post by LJ Gibbs »

Its not so much us leading them to anything. To put it plainly. We just need to live our lives following Jesus. When we're right in our walk with God then whether we realize it or not there is others watching and following. His special purpose for any generation fully is that as a whole they would seek his face and live; lives that glorify him. I am no where near perfect in any way shape or form so please don't take this as me personally saying that everyones doing everything wrong. But I fully believe that an awakening in the body of Christ is coming. And when God made man he put him in charge. All we have to do is follow Jesus living for him. And then Gods purpose for any generation is fulfilled.

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.