Purity Rings

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

we don't wear them for the same reason we don't wear any other jewelry. We have to draw the line somewhere so we just say no jewelry. (if anybody wants to discuss this further, go to the topic: PHC: Questions Answered, and leave this topic for what it was intended for)
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I really want to get one because being one of the few female engineers in university is tough and I'm not interested in dating anyone so hopefully that should be a good deterrent. Plus if any guy asks me about it then I can explain it. Seriously, I dislike all the people I go to school with, especially boys. I just am not a big people person.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I think if I got one, everyone would just assume I was married/engaged or whatever, and then we would have to re-visit my family and friends' crushing disappointment when I explain to them that I've just started wearing a random, symbolic ring for religious purposes. Also, I don't like physical contact, which is basically the same thing by default anyway.

So, no purity ring for me.

;)
Last edited by Sherlock on Fri May 18, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I now have one. I know what you mean, Sherlock. Thankfully, my purity ring looks nothing like an engagement or wedding ring. Hehe.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis