Purity Rings

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Helovesus
Green is good

Purity Rings

Post by Helovesus »

Who else wears one?? :)

this is mine... \:D/
what does your guys' purity rings look like?? (:

~HLU
Chinese food is God's gift to mankind. He knew we'd live in a hurting world, so He gave us something to console ourselves with.

SnC.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I know someone who wore one since her sixteenth birthday before she got married almost two years ago.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

haha bookworm. I knew I'd seen this somewhere before. ;)

And nope I dont since we don't wear jewelry at all, but I think it's a nice idea...

Please please PLEASE don't ask why. :noway: I don't want to debate that. \:D/

\:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I do. \:D/ I plan on giving it to my fiancee when we get engaged. :yes:

Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

Sorry.haha. didn't see the other thread. lol. that's what i plan on doing as well, Termite. lol. That's really pretty too!
Chinese food is God's gift to mankind. He knew we'd live in a hurting world, so He gave us something to console ourselves with.

SnC.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I don't yet, but probably when I'm sixteen I'll get one, I love the idea. :)
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

It's a good idea in theory (remember that episode?) We just stay away from all jewelry. :D
Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

odysseyfan1 wrote:It's a good idea in theory (remember that episode?) We just stay away from all jewelry. :D
soo question... no one wears any jewelry? including married people?

SnC.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Helovesus wrote:
odysseyfan1 wrote:It's a good idea in theory (remember that episode?) We just stay away from all jewelry. :D
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Do the married couples in your church not even wear wedding rings? That would be something I've never heard of before.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Helovesus wrote:
No, they don't. :D
Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

odysseyfan1 wrote:
Helovesus wrote:
No, they don't. :D
:headscratch: :huh: Why not? :huh:

SnC.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Wow! What's your guys' Biblical reasoning behind that? I really have never heard of that before. How will anyone know whether your parents are actually married? Whenever I see a couple in public without wedding rings I don't expect them to be married.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Christian A. wrote:Wow! What's your guys' Biblical reasoning behind that? I really have never heard of that before. How will anyone know whether your parents are actually married? Whenever I see a couple in public without wedding rings I don't expect them to be married.
This is a perfectly valid question, but please direct it here so this thread does not go off topic.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I certainly understand their purpose but I always thought purity rings were weird... I mean you shouldn't need a physical item to show your moral views. ;)
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

For me it's more like a peer thing. People can ask about it and then it's a good opening.

And Top you aren't 16. :x
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

My friend has one. It's big. \:D/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

When I asked my mom if I could get one, she didn't even know they existed. I explained the ring and what it was for, and my mom said I could get it for my sixteenth birthday. So, I will wear on eventually.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Shadowfax wrote:For me it's more like a peer thing. People can ask about it and then it's a good opening.

And Top you aren't 16. :x
You aren't 1! :x
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I wear one. :) I find that it's not just a good opening to witness when people ask about it, but it is also a very good pervert deterrant where I live. :yes:
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings