Headcovering?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Headcovering?

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I was wondering, what do you all believe about head covering? all the time? just for prayer? not at all? Personally we don't, we believe our long hair is our covering, but I know lots of people with different views so I was wondering what you all thought.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

No, we believe, like you, that long hair is the covering. Some of our cousins wear them though.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

No. We never use headcoverings. We can have our hair any way we like it.
he/him | a little stinker.
Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

Steve wrote:No. We never use headcoverings. We can have our hair any way we like it.
thats how we are.. i can have my hair however.. short, long, right now its longerish and dark brown with some blonde streaks. :dance:
Chinese food is God's gift to mankind. He knew we'd live in a hurting world, so He gave us something to console ourselves with.

SnC.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Wha?

Are you talking about like a prayer shawl? What are we; Orthodox Jews or something? :-s I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about but, that's kind of ridiculous. :anxious:

Also, if long hair "counts", do you have something against bald people? :anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

There are a few church denominations that use them...a friend of mine's husband comes from something along the lines of "church of the bretheren" or something like that and the women wear headcoverings in church. But I'm personally not for them unless it actually helps the women in some way feel closer to God.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Lots of German Baptists around here use them.

I think every female should because hair is a temptation. :(
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I don't wear a fabric headcovering, as I believe a woman's long hair is her covering. However, I do have a close friend whose family does wear coverings, and I see nothing wrong or ridiculous about it. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

lolwut headcoverings?

do you mean.. hats? >_>
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I think they mean burqas. \:D/
Jelly wrote:lolwut headcoverings?

do you mean.. hats? >_>
No, I think they're talking about like...bonnets, like the Amish wear, correct?
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

well, I have several different friends who wear several different types of head coverings, one family wears what looks like a thick headband, another wears a cloth that wraps around the top of their head and ties at the back of their neck, it's kind of hard to explain. But for the most part no, I don't know anyone who wears bonnets like the mennonites wear.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I think it really depends on the church, but the idea is just SOMETHING covering the head...in some cases more of a hat, other cases i think they'll use a scarf, shawl, whatever.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

At my church, some of the women wear a scarf over their head, but they take it off afterwards. I personally don't believe in doing that, but I don't think it's ridiculous either.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jesus' Princess wrote: another wears a cloth that wraps around the top of their head and ties at the back of their neck, it's kind of hard to explain.
Like this?

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Sorry, I can't see the picture.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I myself do not wear headcoverings, nor do I believe that a woman's long hair is her headcovering (as I usually cut my hair verfairly short out of convenience). I think that has to do more with culture than anything else, so while I will not wear them myself, I won't really criticize those who do.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

We are close friends with some really great Mennonite people who wear them.

But they're not bonnets exactly.... But they honestly don't look bad at all.

\:D/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote: another wears a cloth that wraps around the top of their head and ties at the back of their neck, it's kind of hard to explain.
Like this?

When only the very top had loaded and all I saw was red, I had hoped it was a picture of Antoine Dodson... >_>
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Here's a page with all different styles of headcoverings, for those who are interested. :)

http://www.candleonthehill.net/store/ca ... ategory=15
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Here's a page with all different styles of headcoverings, for those who are interested. :)

http://www.candleonthehill.net/store/ca ... ategory=15
Hmmm....

What about the ones that are small and pinned over the lady's bun? That's the kind I'm thinking of, although I do know a girl who wears ones similar to those.

\:D/