Devotions

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Devotions

Post by Jesus' Princess »

What do you all do for personal devotions? Do you have them personally, or just with your family Morning? Evening? study guide or just what ever you feel led to read? Also, I mean your personal devotions, not family devotions.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I try to have a personal quiet time in the morning, and sometimes we have family devotions in the evening, but it really depends on how busy we are that week. :yes:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

I read and pray every day, as early as possible. Usually, I'm just working my way through the Bible over and over. Also, we do family devotions depending on how busy we are.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I use a Bible reading plan that divides the Scripture into 10 "lists", e.g. The Pentateuch, The Gospels, Psalms, 1 Thessalonians through Revelation, etc. Each day I read a chapter from each of those lists. So I usually try to read one or two chapters before I leave for work in the morning, two or three at lunch break, and the rest in the evening when I get home. Prayer usually accompanies these times as well, though I usually try to keep praying all throughout the day. :) (The whole "pray without ceasing" principle).

And our family usually has a devotional time after dinner too. :)