May 21st, 2011

Is Harold Camping right?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Or that that verse only applied to the Church Age, which is apparently over now so it is possible to know the day.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Still waiting for the Rapture one year later...
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’m going to spend the day listening to this:

Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

That is extremely awesome.

"dead,dead think about dead."
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

pip wrote:Not to start an off-topic debate but...1 Thessalonians 4:17.

Basically, if you say you don't believe in the Rapture, you're just saying you believe in a post-trib Rapture, right? :-k
Could be Post-Trib or else:

1. Preterist view - which is basically the view that all Bible prophecy has already been fulfilled. Revelation in this view deals with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD in a highly allegorical form. According to some who believe this view - Jesus came back in the form of the Roman General Titus to judge Jerusalem which accounts for the second coming.
2. Historic view - Revelation is an allegorical view of Church History as a whole.
3. Allegorical view - It's like all an allegory, man. Everything is like - beautiful, man. Don't worry about future judgement, man. Just stop and smell the pretty flowers, dude. God is a big fluffy care bear in the sky and would never judge anybody for sin or anything like that. So just like hang loose and drop out, bro.

All the views above pretty much deny the Rapture.

Not to start a debate on the timing of the rapture or anything like that but in all fun - I'm so pre-trib, I don't even eat Post Toasties. \:D/
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Christian A. wrote:Still waiting for the Rapture one year later...
:shock: How time flies! :shock: