May 21st, 2011

Is Harold Camping right?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh my gosh, looks at this!
Eternal Earth-Bound Pets Terms and Conditions wrote:If subscriber loses his/her faith and/or the Rapture occurs and subscriber is not Raptured (aka is "left behind") EE-BP disclaims any liability; no refund will be tendered.
That’s brilliant! :hilarious:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

This coming Saturday isn't any different from any other day. Jesus could come today, tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday! But he might not. It's not something we can predict, Jesus said so. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Haha, geniuses...here's a good site to check out: http://refutecamping.com/
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I totally agree, TKD.

I'm listening to their radio show right now.... :blah:

Someone called in and said something like this, "If God returns on the 21st than obviously you're a prophet of God. But if he doesn't return, than doesn't that make you a false prophet?" He completely ignored the question. :noway: It really is sad. He's really causing a lot of damage to people.... :(

\:D/
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

He's already proved himself to be a false prophet multiple times over.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This whole pet thing is just a scam.
According to the contract terms, the rescue service doesn’t apply if the pet owner dies, only if they are raptured. Also, you aren’t told where your money went.
Eternal Earth-Bound Pets FAQ's wrote:Q: Can I meet or communicate with my rescue representative?
A: Sorry, No. Our representatives' information are held in strict confidence.
So the possible scenarios are:
a) You pay the fee so you’re covered for the next ten years, if nothing happens you renew it.
b) You pay the fee and you die of natural causes. Your pet is not rescued because that isn’t covered.
c) You pay the fee and you aren’t raptured. Your pet is not rescued and you don’t get a refund.
d) You pay the fee and you are raptured. You have no way to ensure they keep their word, because you’re gone.
There is no way for a client to gain anything from this.
Also, the company makes no claim about a certain date, only a coverage window. So they have been and will be in business long before and after May 21.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Just a quick hop in here - the word Rapture does not actually occur anywhere in Scripture - it was a translation from the original Greek if I remember right. But the idea is still there. And while the idea of a Pre-trib rapture has been poplar for the past 150 years, it was also quite popular during earlier parts of church history. And yes, there are several passages including those already mentioned that scholars believe point to a pre-trib rapture of sorts. I don't have time to post more in depth, bu I wanted to hop in and post that much without starting a debate. Hope that helps! :)

PS I also agree with those who posed the verse about no man knowing when Christ will return. Also - as for this man being a prophet - the Bible says that if a prophet is wrong even ONCE - then he is a false prophet and should not be believed - that one time poisons every other time they may have been right, since they were not getting it from God.

Finally - the episode "The Second Coming" is fitting - I plan on listening to it on Saturday :)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

JesusFreak777 wrote:as for this man being a prophet - the Bible says that if a prophet is wrong even ONCE - then he is a false prophet and should not be believed
Well, technically he didn’t prophesy the end in 1994, only that it was very ‘likely’. This time, he’s saying this is it without a doubt.
JesusFreak777 wrote:the episode "The Second Coming" is fitting - I plan on listening to it on Saturday :)
Me too ;) I think I will tomorrow night actually (Friday) since Mr. Camping didn’t give a time zone. :roll:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Actually, He said 6:00 PM central time Saturday. :yes: (on his radio program yesterday.) How exactly did he figure that out? :roll:

\:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Uh, yes. That pet thing is very much a scam. Honestly, this whole May 21st thing is a scam. All the hints are there.

Ha. right. 6 pm. So my contest on my blog doesn't even get to end! I'll be in Heaven by that time. Dang. And I was thoroughly enjoying all the drawings I was getting. :( Now I'm depressed.

GUYS, WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO BE RAPTURED?!!!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We’ve been treating this rather humorously, and understandably so, but I want to give some serious advice about this.
I urge everyone to take extra caution on Saturday, especially if you live in a populated area. Even if nothing supernatural happens, there is still a great possibility of manmade danger. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I imagine there will be people doing all kinds of crazy things. People might take this opportunity to loot, riot, or worse.
I for one will be remaining inside my residence during the evening and night hours.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Uh, yes. That pet thing is very much a scam. Honestly, this whole May 21st thing is a scam. All the hints are there.
Yes, for example, where is all the money going?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

bookworm wrote:We’ve been treating this rather humorously, and understandably so, but I want to give some serious advice about this.
I urge everyone to take extra caution on Saturday, especially if you live in a populated area. Even if nothing supernatural happens, there is still a great possibility of manmade danger. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I imagine there will be people doing all kinds of crazy things. People might take this opportunity to loot, riot, or worse.
I for one will be remaining inside my residence during the evening and night hours.
I've heard there's a Facebook event for looting the day after...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I don't even think my town recognizes what is happening... come on, the newspaper reports about a child learning her ABC's on the FRONT PAGE. o.0 I'm not too scared about where I'm at for all the serious hubbub. Plus, I have HW to do on Sunday. And Saturday is a yard sale.

But this is humorous. And we all very well know why.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

aw man I got back on the ToO right before the rapture? Man, now the election won't happen... rats.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I have heard a smattering of reporting on this in the media but it is widely being ignored, I wouldn't bet on any looting/rioting... but you never know! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

So tomorrow at 11 P.M. my time I'll be gone. Wah. Now I won't get to finish my movie \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

bummer, I was really looking forward to something next Sunday, too bad ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I hadn't heard of this until this thread...it doesn't seem like a huge deal that people would be rioting. I mean, there have been plenty of these predictions over the years, it's nothing new. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

It's been all over the internet. Atheists just love to jump on these things and mock Christianity in general. ;)

So, since this is the last Friday ever, I feel that it's only right that this is watched one last time...

Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait