May 21st, 2011

Is Harold Camping right?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Marvin D. wrote:You mean the wrath of the the twenty-one judgments?
Point taken.

All I'm saying is, the verses don't explicitly say that we'll be raptured before the Tribulation.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yes, but there's a lot of reasoning that's different if you take the Rapture later, too. What I mean ;) And...if it happens after the Tribulation, won't we be able to time it? I mean, we know it lasts seven years...so it'd have to be in 3 and a half years or seven. And that wouldn't line up with what the Bible says. Plus, there's no mention to the church after the judgments begin...just a thought.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

According to Mr. Camping, the people not raptured will be left behind for five months, at which time the world will be destroyed.
So, May 21 - The Rapture, Oct 21 - End of the world.
Though I’m unclear if his predicted end of the world is Armageddon or simply God destroying the world because the end has come.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Allow a moment of sarcasm.

Tom: HEY, MAN, LOOK AT THIS! IT SAYS WE WON'T SLEEP BUT WE'LL All BE CHANGED!!!
George: Woah, dude, lol, now I KNOW there's a pre-Trib Rapture!

....that doesn't work. That's really all I'm saying. :p

I took a class on Revelation, and I remember that I came away believing that pre-Trib wasn't correct. I'm not sure why, but that's what I came away with. I dunno. Random thoughts.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm not using that to prove pre-Trib, mind you, just that there could probably be a Rapture :-

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Marvin D. wrote:I'm not using that to prove pre-Trib, mind you, just that there could probably be a Rapture :-
Yes, there could be.
bookworm wrote:According to Mr. Camping, the people not raptured will be left behind for five months, at which time the world will be destroyed.
So, May 21 - The Rapture, Oct 21 - End of the world.
Though I’m unclear if his predicted end of the world is Armageddon or simply God destroying the world because the end has come.
lol...that's...so unbiblical.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Umm...where does he get that from? :S I'm going to see what happens the next day \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:Umm...where does he get that from?
I don’t know where he got the length, but here’s his timeline:
What will take place on May 21?
On May 21, 2011 two events will occur. These events could not be more opposite in nature, the one more wonderful than can be imagined; the other more horrific than can be imagined.
A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.
On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed.
The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants.
So it isn’t Armageddon after all, just destruction.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oh, wow, I'll be in Heaven by Saturday, and all the bad guys will be burning in Hell in a few months. WHOO.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Here’s something interesting:
For one to object to May 21st, 2011 one must have BIBLICAL AUTHORITY to do so. Objections cannot be based upon consensus, traditions or fear.
So in order to think he’s wrong we have to have a Biblical basis. Too bad we don’t.
Oh wait,

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Why don't we post a comment on his website? I mean..haven't other people done it? :S

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Because it wouldn’t do any good. I heard an interview with this guy, he’s not even willing to consider that he’s wrong. I mean in his mind there is NO way. :no:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*tsk tsks* Good grief, really. Oh, well. May 21st will come and go. Then we'll see what happens.

Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Someone have him read Revelation. I BEG OF YOU! Oh, wait... yeah. :D
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Hmm, I just read that his organization or whatever receives millions in donations, and he and some other guy are the only ones who know where the money goes. It could just be one huge scam. Although, if you're gonna run a scam, I'd recommend something a bit more....sane-sounding.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I just found this hilarious web site -a group of atheists who, for $135, will promise to look after your pets after the rapture! :hilarious: How entrepreneurial to make a profit off of this madness! \:D/
Eternal Earthbound Pets' Website wrote:You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind.

We are a group of dedicated animal lovers, and atheists. Each
Eternal Earth-Bound Pet representative is a confirmed atheist, and as such will still be here on Earth after you've received your reward. Our network of animal activists are committed to step in when you step up to Jesus.

Our service is plain and simple; our fee structure is reasonable.
For $135.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved. Each additional pet at your residence will be saved for an additional $20.00 fee. A small price to pay for your peace of mind and the health and safety of your four legged and feathered friends.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Marvin D. wrote:Oh, wow, I'll be in Heaven by Saturday, and all the bad guys will be burning in Hell in a few months. WHOO.
I'd like to hear where he fits the Antichrist and all the other "Tribulation" judgments into his time table. I assume he believes they haven't happened yet, so I wonder if he thinks they'll occur between May 21 and October 21.

P.S. @ Marvin: I finally figured out why it is you're so bent on proving that the Rapture and Tribulation will occur. I remembered that you are a big fan of the Left Behind books. Keep in mind that I've read all of them too. I really liked them as fiction novels, but I'm not very convinced that Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye have it right about the end of time. It seems like a very interesting and convincing way that it might all transpire, but there just doesn't seem to be all that much Biblical evidence behind it.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I just found this hilarious web site -a group of atheists who, for $135, will promise to look after your pets after the rapture! :hilarious: How entrepreneurial to make a profit off of this madness! \:D/
Eternal Earthbound Pets' Website wrote:You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind.

We are a group of dedicated animal lovers, and atheists. Each
Eternal Earth-Bound Pet representative is a confirmed atheist, and as such will still be here on Earth after you've received your reward. Our network of animal activists are committed to step in when you step up to Jesus.

Our service is plain and simple; our fee structure is reasonable.
For $135.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved. Each additional pet at your residence will be saved for an additional $20.00 fee. A small price to pay for your peace of mind and the health and safety of your four legged and feathered friends.
That. isthemosthilariousthingihaveseenallweek!!! :hilarious: These aren't athiests! These are capitalists! :lol:
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I just found this hilarious web site -a group of atheists who, for $135, will promise to look after your pets after the rapture! :hilarious:
That is amazing! :hilarious:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Christian A. wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:Oh, wow, I'll be in Heaven by Saturday, and all the bad guys will be burning in Hell in a few months. WHOO.
I'd like to hear where he fits the Antichrist and all the other "Tribulation" judgments into his time table. I assume he believes they haven't happened yet, so I wonder if he thinks they'll occur between May 21 and October 21.

P.S. @ Marvin: I finally figured out why it is you're so bent on proving that the Rapture and Tribulation will occur. I remembered that you are a big fan of the Left Behind books. Keep in mind that I've read all of them too. I really liked them as fiction novels, but I'm not very convinced that Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye have it right about the end of time. It seems like a very interesting and convincing way that it might all transpire, but there just doesn't seem to be all that much Biblical evidence behind it.
I don't base my faith on books, to be honest ;) Because I definitely don't agree with everything in there, that's for sure. I always believed that way *before* I read those books though :-

And..that website is weird. But hilarious.