Cool Story & Picture!!

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Cool Story & Picture!!

Post by SoccerLOTR »

So, my pastor read a new book called "Heaven is for Real" which is a true story, and gave us a summary at church yesterday. It is pretty amazing and awesome, and I thought I'd share it with you all. I'm giving you the basic summary here, the links are if you want more detail. :-k

There was a girl who grew up in the middle of nowhere in an atheist family named Akiane. Her parents determined not to bring religion into their kids’ lives, and vowed not to mention even the word “God” in the house. They didn’t watch TV. The children had no idea who Jesus was, and no real way to find out. One day, the 4 year old daughter began talking about God and His love and place in their lives. As she got older, she wanted to paint her dreams and visions, so her mother bought her paint and canvas, and she painted. She painted a picture of Jesus she had seen in her dreams at age 8. She was an art prodigy, and all her artwork was astonishingly real and good, despite her young age. Her pictures got on the internet and began circling.

Meanwhile, a young boy of 4 years old named Colton had a burst appendix. He was rushed into the hospital where the doctors performed surgery on him. Afterwards, he began to talk to his family about an unusual experience he had when he was undergoing surgery. He said he met Jesus, and talked to Him. The parents were skeptical at first, but he continued talking about Jesus and love and a very big God. He talked about things he shouldn’t yet have known, such as stating how he met John the Baptist, who was Jesus’ cousin—the parents didn’t remember him having ever learned about that. He said he saw the doctors performing surgery, and his parents in separate rooms praying for him. Then he mentioned meeting his grandfather, stating details about him that he shouldn’t have known, as the grandfather died 30 years beforehand. He recognized a picture of his grandfather as a young man, but not as the older man he’d been at the time he died. Then the boy talked about his sister—his sister that had been a miscarriage about a year before he was born—that his parents had never mentioned.

Gradually, his parents began to believe him when he said he’d been to heaven. They started asking him more about it, and particularly about what Jesus looked like. They’d point out pictures and say “does that look like him?” and he’d shake his head. Since he was so young and it was hard for him to describe the looks of someone, they’d point at the pictures and ask him what was wrong with the picture. He’d list off things that were a little different from what he knew Jesus looked like from his experience. One day, his father came across an e-mail showing the girl’s painting of Jesus and called his son over. Once more he asked his son, “what’s wrong with this picture?” After he looked at the picture for a few moments, his son surprised him by saying “there’s nothing wrong with it. That’s Him.”

What's also interesting is that her picture resembles the picture they constructed digitally from the Shroud of Turin. Hmm...what do you all think?
Anyway, Akiane is now 16, and Colton is now 11.

http://www.christianity.com/Christian%2 ... /11622549/
http://www.imperialrepublican.com/index ... ew=article
http://www.artakiane.com/home
http://shroudofturin.wordpress.com/2011 ... in-shroud/
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Can't be Jesus, hair is too shaggy. :noway:

But anyway, if this is accurate, it is really awesome. I would need to look into it more to determine if I believe it or not, however.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’ve actually thought about this myself. If the people who had ‘near death’ experiences actually went to Heaven then they would know what He actually looks like. Very interesting.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

The Top Crusader wrote:Can't be Jesus, hair is too shaggy. :noway:

But anyway, if this is accurate, it is really awesome. I would need to look into it more to determine if I believe it or not, however.
Lol, when did the Bible say that His hair was always neat and tidy? :lol:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Doesn't the Bible say somewhere that no man will see his face? That's a cute story and all but I tend to be skeptical of those type of things. ;)
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Joanne wrote:Doesn't the Bible say somewhere that no man will see his face? That's a cute story and all but I tend to be skeptical of those type of things. ;)
That's what I was thinking to, Joanne. I can't think of the reference, but I think it goes like this, No man shall see the face of the Lord, or he shall be struck down from fear. Again, can't think of the reference, so I might be off. if anyone knows it, I'd be happy to look it up :)
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Of course Jesus is incarnate fully human and fully God so people did see His face.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah Jesus... has a face. I think it's the God form of the Trinity that we aren't supposed to see or something. \:D/
John Chrysostom

Except that Abraham saw the Trinity in Genesis 18 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angel ... v-1410.jpg
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Ayn Rand wrote:Except that Abraham saw the Trinity in Genesis 18 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angel ... v-1410.jpg
Umm...no. Abraham saw the angel of the LORD (a pre-incarnation manifestation of the Son) and two other angels. The two other angels go on to Sodom and Gomorrah to retrieve Lot, so they aren't the Father and the Holy Spirit.

John 1:18 (centuries after Abraham's encounter) "No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, Who is at the Father’s side, has made Him known."

1 John 4:12 "No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

No one has ever seen God the Father, but Jesus, the Son is the expressed image of His being and character. Hebrews 1:3a "The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word." Anytime anyone saw God in the Old Testament, it was a theophany--an appearance of the Son.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Christian A. wrote: No one has ever seen God the Father, but Jesus, the Son is the expressed image of His being and character. Hebrews 1:3a "The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word." Anytime anyone saw God in the Old Testament, it was a theophany--an appearance of the Son.
Except Moses...he saw the back of God as He passed by. Then his face was so bright after that from the radiance of God that he had to wear a veil around the people for a while.

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Haha... Interesting stories \:D/ I wonder if Jesus really looks like that...
John Chrysostom

Christian A. wrote:
Ayn Rand wrote:Except that Abraham saw the Trinity in Genesis 18 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angel ... v-1410.jpg
Umm...no. Abraham saw the angel of the LORD (a pre-incarnation manifestation of the Son) and two other angels. The two other angels go on to Sodom and Gomorrah to retrieve Lot, so they aren't the Father and the Holy Spirit.

John 1:18 (centuries after Abraham's encounter) "No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, Who is at the Father’s side, has made Him known."

1 John 4:12 "No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

No one has ever seen God the Father, but Jesus, the Son is the expressed image of His being and character. Hebrews 1:3a "The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word." Anytime anyone saw God in the Old Testament, it was a theophany--an appearance of the Son.
Sorry my mistake, good Hebrew's reference.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Wow! I very highly commend you for being able to admit you were wrong! Not many people around here will do that. :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Not many people around here are wrong. :shock: