PHC - Clarification

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yes friendly discussions are fine. But this wasn't exactly friendly.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:This is happening. http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=128&p=970860#p970725 And you guys are arguing about pants... Something is incredibly wrong. Stop talking and start walking.
What’s your point?
I think people are probably able to follow two topics at once.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

bookworm wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:This is happening. http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=128&p=970860#p970725 And you guys are arguing about pants... Something is incredibly wrong. Stop talking and start walking.
What’s your point?
I think people are probably able to follow two topics at once.
My point was how does this conversation glorify God?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Termite wrote:Way to tell us to start walking when you're the one condemning us for having a friendly discussion. ;) I'm sure most people have seen the thread. I did, and I prayed. I will do so every time I see it or remember. However, there's nothing wrong with strengthening your own beliefs by bouncing them off someone else.
You saw it and you prayed? Did I miss something?

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:My point was how does this conversation glorify God?
Because we’re discussing how to best follow Him?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Fine! Whatever.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Lee wrote:
Termite wrote:Way to tell us to start walking when you're the one condemning us for having a friendly discussion. ;) I'm sure most people have seen the thread. I did, and I prayed. I will do so every time I see it or remember. However, there's nothing wrong with strengthening your own beliefs by bouncing them off someone else.
You saw it and you prayed? Did I miss something?
The thread that KF posted, yes. :yes: (no, I don't have to pray about discussing clothes. xP)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It's like the poster saying Steve Jobs died and millions cried, but NO ONE cries for the millions of kids who starve to death every day... >_>

It's taking two random things that really aren't related and trying to make a profound point.

I think to the actual topic at hand, I agree with Christian A., in that no, it isn't as simple as "God wants me to do this." People think God wants them to do certain things that aren't scriptural because generations of their family have lived under that guideline. There is nothing wrong with preferring a certain thing but it borders on blasphemy to say God wants a certain silly traditional thing of certain people, but not everyone, when that isn't the case.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

odysseyfan1 wrote: I'm sorry, but I can't imagine God ever telling someone to do that. :P
Hence why its a hypothetical question. I'm pretty sure Christian A. never said that you would do such thing. But there are loonies out there that believe doing stuff like that is bringing glory to God. And you never answered Christian A.'s question about it.
odysseyfan1 wrote: And of course we have to go to the Word. That's what we're doing. The Bible tells men not to wear women's clothing and vise versa so we don't do it.
If your talking about Deuteronomy 22:5, I personally believe that it meant not to cross dress.Well thats how I interpret it.
odysseyfan1 wrote: Pants have always been considered men's clothing until recently. I believe a lot of the influence of this was from Hollywood, and we don't follow Hollywood styles. :)
Um... yes and no. Hollywood does have some impact on our culture but I'm pretty sure women wearing pants started to take great popularity with the whole feminists movement back in the 1960's (remembered reading this somewhere in my U.S. history book back at highschool). But hey that's why there are such things like "women's pants".
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

gunblader3 wrote:But hey that's why there are such things like "women's pants".
Like Justin Bieber wears.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

I can't comment right now. I'll be back as soon as possible, but right now I have to leave my internet access. Sorry for the delay. :(

-- 20 Oct 2011 12:31 pm --

OK, sorry about that. ;) I believe you are right about the Women's Rights thing. That stuff I said about Hollywood wasn't researched or thought out. I was merely repeating something I believe I've heard before. #-o

You guys need to read this article. Visit http://www.godsrevivalist.com/ and read the "Dear Phil" section of the September and October issues. If you really want to know, and are not just arguing, then it should clear up some of the questions. ;)

Anyway, as to what Christian said, God wouldn't say that since he's already said not to dress in another gender's clothing. So if you had that thought, it would not be from God. And besides, I'm sure the people would just refuse. ;)