God's way for us to eat?

... eating... healthy

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

God's way for us to eat?

Post by Joanne »

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of Halleluiagh Acres. You can find them here. http://www.hacres.com/

I was just reading one of there magazines at lunch and wondered what you thought of them. I agree that we should eat well, and my family does juice because my sister is going through chemo. But I get annoyed by the way they claim that this is God's way for us to eat.

So basically, have you heard of them, what do you think of them...

*covers head with pillow and hopes no large debate follows*
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Uh...

Excerpt from site:Although it’s common, it’s not normal to be sick. It was God’s great design for our bodies to be healthy. But every day, toxins, free-radicals, artificial additives, pesticides and preservatives enter our body from the foods we eat. This depletes, malforms and negatively affects healthy cells, which multiply and become disease.

By sharing God’s original nutritional plan in Genesis 1:29, the information and vast knowledge we’ve gained with others, we can help you restore, rebuild, and transform your self-healing body!

Disease came with the fall. Meat was declared clean in Acts 10. It might be more healthy but it isn't sinful to eat meat.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

That's what I was thinking KF. I agree that meat might not be the best thing, but we were told we could eat it.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I'm with KF...I'd never heard of this diet, but I'd disagree with a good amount of it. For one, they eliminate foods that HAVE proven to have health benefits in moderate amounts (peanuts, soy, dark chocolate, milk, eggs, coffee)...while these things are not necessary, despite them being natural, they are still declared to be bad. Even in the Old Testament before Acts, people were allowed to eat some types of meat--and God told them how to prepare it right (no blood, no fat, cooked all the way). I'm all for eating healthy, but I think they push it to the extreme a bit. They also limit foods that have been proven to be good such as whole grains and beans, which have been proven to prevent cancer, not to mention being a good source of fiber/carbs/protein that keep us running. Fiber from grain is different and beneficial to the body in ways that vegetable and fruit fiber is not...and there is very little protein in vegetables and fruits, which is necessary for muscle building. If you aren't eating eggs or eating dairy or meat, the best sources are nuts, soy, and beans.

I'm all for a natural diet, but I think there needs to be more of a balance, and nowhere does God say we can't eat cooked foods...and nowhere in the Bible does it say that things like nuts and beans are not natural or healthy. They're not manufactured, nor do they have tons of additives...and they've proven to be healthy sources of energy. Should we eat more veggies than we currently do? Yup. Should veggies be our entire diet? Probably not...

EDIT: Apologies if this sounds like a nutritionist rant...if you tuned out halfway through, that's ok!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Amazing everybody agreed with me in a topic in the church.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.