Favorite Hymns

what are they?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Favorite Hymns

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I think the title says it, What are your favorite Hymns? I have lots, they're always changing, but right now I really like Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, The Love of God, Because He Lives, I'd Rather Have Jesus, and I Surrender All. There's More but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I've always like "Jesus Paid it All." Especially the bridge part.
he/him | a little stinker.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

"Be Thou My Vision", "Come Thou Fount", and "How Great Thou Art" have always been my favorites. Especially BTMV

:D
I love playing it on the piano :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

"Amazing Grace" will forever come to mind.

"And Can It Be" is played really well at our church, so I enjoy it. "It Is Well With My Soul" and "My Jesus Fair" are great as well.

Now that my voice is deepening, I enjoy singing 5x more. :)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

How Great Thou Art, He Leadeth Me, Great Is Thy Faithfulness, It Is Well With My Soul (especially playing it on the piano)
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

Probably Come thou Fount (Especially the Sufjan Stevens version), It is well, and Amazing Grace.

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

You Never Let Go, would top the list. After that a bunch.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Knight Fisher wrote:You Never Let Go, would top the list. After that a bunch.
Would that be the Matt Redman song or the David Crowder*Band song by any chance?
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Steve wrote:
Would that be the Matt Redman song or the David Crowder*Band song by any chance?
The David Crowder one is much more like a hymn, while the Matt Redman song is more contemporary worship. But my guess is that he meant Matt Redman's song.

If more modern hymns count, than my favorite of those would have to be In Christ Alone, closely followed by How Deep the Father's Love, both by Keith and Krystin Getty. My favorite older ones are Amazing Grace, The Wonderful Grace of Jesus, It is Well, Jesus Paid It All, and Hallelujah, What a Savior.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Steve wrote:
Matt Redman wrote it. But the Jeremy Camp version is better.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Come Thou Fount, Is Your All on the Altar, Sweet Hour of Prayer, This is My Father's World, How Great Thou Art...
Many others!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Early, My God, Without Delay

And a bunch of other obscure ones.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

In Christ Alone is one of my favs. Even though it's not ancient.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Steve

Post by Steve »

SoccerLOTR wrote:In Christ Alone is one of my favs. Even though it's not ancient.
I like the Adam Young version!
Destiny J. Adams
Not as new

Post by Destiny J. Adams »

I LOVE In Christ Alone. Definitely one of my favorites.

I also love To God be the Glory, It is Well with my Soul, I surrender All, and Victory in Jesus. There is probably a ton more, but I can't think of them right off hand.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Probably Jesus Paid It All, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, Amazing Grace and Never Let Go (by David Crowder).
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother