October 21st, 2011

Is Harold Camping right this time?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Christian A. wrote:I heard that the actual rapture and judgment took place in heaven so no one could see it, but we've all been going through the Great Tribulation now, and Friday is truly and actually the end of the world!
That wasn’t a Camping endorsed explanation. Unless you said it a little wrong.
Camping never actually talks about the Tribulation. I don’t know if he thinks we already had it or it isn’t real. What he says is that May 21st was not the Rapture, as he thought it would be, but it was Judgment Day. He had thought both would be the same day, but now says not. He says on May 21st God began judging the world, and the judgment period lasts five months, which put the Rapture and physical end of the world on October 21st. So his timeline was altered, but his major claim still stands until Friday. Because even when he said the Rapture was going to be on May 21st, he still said the unsaved would remain until the end of the world on October 21st.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I'm just curious bookworm, cause you seem to have investigated this subject, what does Mr. Camping say about 'no one knows the day or the hour?'
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Well, at least I'll be in Texas with my youth group when it happens. \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

EMBEE wrote:Well, at least I'll be in Texas with my youth group when it happens. \:D/
And I'll be in California with our friends when the world "ends" should be an interesting night. \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

EMBEE wrote:Well, at least I'll be in Texas with my youth group when it happens. \:D/
Texas for da win! What part? East, West, Coast, Panhandle?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'll be in the lovely town of Arlington.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

ric wrote:I'm just curious bookworm, cause you seem to have investigated this subject, what does Mr. Camping say about 'no one knows the day or the hour?'
Obviously one of the first questions he needed to develop an answer for.
The Family Radio website has a whole page on why ‘no one’ doesn’t really mean no one.
Their basic answer is that when the Bible says ‘no one knows’ it really means ‘until it’s about to end, no one knows when it will’ so, now that the end is here, Camping is able to know. They back it up with the opening of the book in Revelation, saying that represents the final hidden messages of the Bible that were previously not able to be understood, but now can be.

And there’s actually a statement about the Tribulation, so they do believe in it. Camping doesn’t personally speak about it in any of his timelines, but it’s in the Family Radio information, so he must have okayed it somewhere.
Apparently they say the Great Tribulation will be a period of 23 years, and it started on May 21, 1988. So we are actually past it now, it ended with Judgment Day on May 21st of this year. All that remains is the rescheduled Rapture and the destruction of the physical world.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

EMBEE wrote:I'll be in the lovely town of Arlington.
Ok that is funny. I am passing through there tomorrow. :p
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm not ready for tomorrow! :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
And I'll be in California with our friends when the world "ends" should be an interesting night. \:D/
:highfive:

Ditto here!
*insert provocative quote here*
OnceBittenRose
Not as new

Post by OnceBittenRose »

I will be eating marshmellows. Just like I did in May, and will be doiong in 2012.

I am always hungry for marshmellows on days like that.

http://theblackrose.forummotion.com/

Sorry no pic that you can click and go to it. It is my new forum.and is up and running again.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

So why is Harold Camping suddenly so amazing and great that God told him, a regular mortal human being, something He wouldn't tell his own divine son before He rose again?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

HEY GUYS WE'RE ALL GUNNA DIE IN LESS THAN FOUR HOURS.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Maybe Camping will die tomorrow and he'll think it was the end of the world.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

DanP740 wrote:Maybe Camping will die tomorrow and he'll think it was the end of the world.
:lol: wait, so what is supposedly going to happen tomorrow? Like a massive earthquake or something? Or is he saying the world will just end?
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I think we'll all be taken up to judgment. :D

But supposedly the spirits of the elect were taken up already (their bodies are still here though). No one has gotten saved since May 21st, so the only spirits going to heaven will be those of the damned. So maybe we'll all wake up in Hell. :( That's kinda depressing. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Hey, then we'll all be together in Hell :p

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

No, Hell is "a place of isolation and separation" according to Eugene's dream (and the Bible), so it's not something I'd look forward to.

But, so far, it looks like it's not going to happen!
Last edited by Christian A. on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Here we are!

“Tomorrow is not a day, and nothing comes afterwards.” :hilarious:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I just love the ending, it's totally epic *dies laughing*