September 11, 2011

Well, the day is here...

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Christian A.
Animatronic

September 11, 2011

Post by Christian A. »

...so what do we think?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay first Sunday of football! \:D/

I realize ten is an important anniversary number, and today was the first day that the memorial thing and Ground Zero was open, which is cool. But really, for someone who was an adult at the time of the original event, the first two or three anniversaries were more of a reminder and more moving. Now, while in some ways it seems so recent, it was a long time ago, and the popping up of the date once again doesn't stir up much emotion. Although I didn't see any old footage that I assume was being shown at some point. That can be a lot more moving.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

The old footage was definitely a lot more moving. I watched a few memorial programs on Fox News on Sunday, and footage of the attacks was shown along with survivors' stories. (Perhaps I was more moved by this tenth anniversary because I was not old enough to understand exactly what went down in 2001.)
Last edited by Aeva on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa