Televangelists

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Televangelists

Post by Marvin D. »

Whatcha think of them? \:D/

I, frankly, am very skeptical of most of them, and not just for one reason >_> (Some are listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televangel ... _Criticism) I watch some of them on Daystar (Marcus and Joni Lamb, Joyce Meyer, and Joel Osteen, to name a few), and. . .meh. A lot of what they preach is so. . .positive, and it's all about the good news, good news, good news. No sin at all (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Osteen#Education), and a lot of times several of them haven't even gone to much formal education to be pastors.

Am I the only cynical one? :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Nope. I am also cynical of these guys. Some of them teach heresy. And others, like Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen are way too deep into the "Word of Faith" stuff where all you have to do to get something is believe really hard that you have it, and then it's yours. "Speak to your desire for (add something you want) and God will create what you're speaking."--actual quote. Oh boy.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Thank you, Christian \:D/ I am not alone :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Blech. Seeing as most of them preach prosperity gospel... No I do not like them.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Well considering I don't have a TV...

From what I've heard of them, I'm not to fond of televangelists. They are preaching, maybe, but they are also making loads and loads of money. Just makes me ponder and wonder?