All Dancing is Dirty! :x

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Belief in the Trinity is key to belief in Jesus. Incorrect belief in the Trinity means you do not know Christ since Christ is in the Trinity.

Also to make a Tradition based argument; the Nicean Creed generally agreed upon to be the definition of Christianity clearly states the existence of the Trinity.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Wow, I was just reading something on the anti-feminist site that made me crack up.
I don't expect most people to care, considering that 50,000,000 American women have killed their own babies; but I know some decent ladies do. Not one man has ever had an abortion! Feminism is the rot of America. Women today have become imprudent, arrogant, worldly and angry at everything. They are lewd, rude and crude!
Wow, really?! No man has ever had an abortion?! HOW MORAL OF THEM! 'Course it doesn't matter that no man has ever had a baby either! And of course, he doesn't count the number of men who have performed abortions, or the number of men who have forced women to have abortions...lol.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Check out the guy's article on the Jonas Brothers!

Here's an excerpt:
Please, please listen to me. Your child is in danger! The human mind is incredibly intelligent, more than you can imagine. Your brain processes things that you cannot hear. The eyes work the same way. The government is now installing fluorescent lights in Minnesota that transmit internet data from office computers. It's wireless internet, but through your ceiling light bulbs. The eyes don't notice it because the frequency is so high. Music works in a similar way. Our ears cannot hear Satan being praised, but your brain does hear it, and subconsciously obeys subliminal commands.
I agree that the Jonas Brothers don't have as good a Christian witness as they could have, especially since they openly claim to be Christians, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're Satan-worshippers...
Last edited by Christian A. on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Dude, that's almost hilarious.

As for the Trinity debate, I don't know what that denomination is, DAM, but as our dearest Whit once said, "A lie believed by a million people is still a lie".

As a side note, has anyone ever heard of Cutting Edge Ministries?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

gunblader3 wrote:On an atheist forum I attend a lot, we concluded that the site "jesus-is-savior.com" is in fact a troll site. Most likely done by a group of agnostics/atheist who want to make a mockery of conservative protestants views and beliefs or simply for the "lulz".
That actually makes a lot of sense, you could be right! It perfectly explains how over the top they are. On the feminism topic for example, they could believe that Christians are anti-women and thus take that supposed view to the extreme and present it as the actual belief. I think you’re on to something.
SoccerLOTR wrote:Wow, really?! No man has ever had an abortion?! HOW MORAL OF THEM! 'Course it doesn't matter that no man has ever had a baby either!
Obviously no man had personally had one, if that was really what they’re saying then they’re even more absurd than I thought. But I think what they mean is no man has ‘had’ an abortion as far as choosing it. Which is still wrong though.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

^what about this, then? :-k
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

What about it?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

It's probably not a group then, and if he says he's a Christian publicly, then maybe it's not atheists?

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If he wants people to believe it then he wouldn’t admit it’s a hoax. :shrugs:
All that really shows is the person behind it, not his motives. But you might be right.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Eh, I'm just saying. We can't know for sure =P

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

There are some really messed up but religious people out there, who sometimes try to compensate for their issues with religiousness. This could very well be an example of that.
TigerintheShadows

Could be. Maybe he was so messed up that he actually did those things because he thought he was serving God or something. Stranger things have happened.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

bookworm wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:Wow, really?! No man has ever had an abortion?! HOW MORAL OF THEM! 'Course it doesn't matter that no man has ever had a baby either!
Obviously no man had personally had one, if that was really what they’re saying then they’re even more absurd than I thought. But I think what they mean is no man has ‘had’ an abortion as far as choosing it. Which is still wrong though.
](*,) {shakes head} For the record, my statement was dripping in sarcasm. Sorry, I thought I communicated that well enough, but shows that text unfortunately does not always convey the same meaning as tone. :-
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
bookworm wrote:
](*,) {shakes head} For the record, my statement was dripping in sarcasm. Sorry, I thought I communicated that well enough, but shows that text unfortunately does not always convey the same meaning as tone. :-
Soccer, I get it. But bookworm responds whether you're sarcastic or not =P

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I knew what you meant, I was agreeing with you. Apparently my meaning was the one that wasn’t evident.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

bookworm wrote:I knew what you meant, I was agreeing with you. Apparently my meaning was the one that wasn’t evident.
Lol, apparently. :anxious:

TigerintheShadows

bookworm wrote:
gunblader3 wrote:On an atheist forum I attend a lot, we concluded that the site "jesus-is-savior.com" is in fact a troll site. Most likely done by a group of agnostics/atheist who want to make a mockery of conservative protestants views and beliefs or simply for the "lulz".
That actually makes a lot of sense, you could be right! It perfectly explains how over the top they are. On the feminism topic for example, they could believe that Christians are anti-women and thus take that supposed view to the extreme and present it as the actual belief. I think you’re on to something.
It does! It really does. Maybe Cutting Edge is the same way.
AIO tumblr sideblog