All Dancing is Dirty! :x

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

If you click on some of the links on the main page, you'll see that they have a ladies site with pink backgrounds, frilly graphics, and soft hymn music playing in the background. "-_- A demeaningly stark contrast, in some ways.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

31899 wrote:Also giving this site attention is a waist of your time...
No time spent laughing is a WAIST of time. \:D/
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Whatever the theological deficiencies of the aforementioned site, protesting the protest against public nudity is probably not the wisest course of action. ;)
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Yeah, because it makes so much sense for a Christian website to do that. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Over the Rainbow wrote:

You'll be cleaning toilets and begging for crumbs under the Master's table. Only in the retarded U.S.A. are women put in charge of armies.

Just.... WOW. ](*,)

And why is dancing in the Bible if it's wrong? Now, I will admit, some types of dances are not good, but not all. :yes:

\:D/
TigerintheShadows

Then he goes "David's dancing wasn't dirty it was God-honoring!" and then he goes "Dancing should be between a husband and his wife in the privacy of their own home". Garbage. :noway:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Garbage. :noway:
Um, I thought that was the general consensus, yes.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
TigerintheShadows

;) True enough.

'Tis the season to be jolly and joyous! \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I noticed that the base site for this is the same site that is saying the King James Bible is the ONLY Bible and if you have any other version, you are a heretic...I believe we had this discussion somewhere else. Ugh, these people disgust me. Makes me sick what is being preached and represented as "Christianity". And I cannot express how angry their comments make me, lol...of course, men are perfect and to be worshipped by all women, who are completely evil and must be controlled by stuffing them in a corner in the house and beating them until they submissively cook food and clean obsessively. GAH! If I ever meet one of the writers of that site...It will take excellent self-control (or assisted self-control) to restrain myself from punching them. Then tying them up and lecturing them, informing them of the intelligence of women and what idiots they are. Not that it would do any use, but might make me feel better :P
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

SoccerLOTR wrote:I noticed that the base site for this is the same site that is saying the King James Bible is the ONLY Bible and if you have any other version, you are a heretic...I believe we had this discussion somewhere else. Ugh, these people disgust me. Makes me sick what is being preached and represented as "Christianity". And I cannot express how angry their comments make me, lol...of course, men are perfect and to be worshipped by all women, who are completely evil and must be controlled by stuffing them in a corner in the house and beating them until they submissively cook food and clean obsessively. GAH! If I ever meet one of the writers of that site...It will take excellent self-control (or assisted self-control) to restrain myself from punching them. Then tying them up and lecturing them, informing them of the intelligence of women and what idiots they are. Not that it would do any use, but might make me feel better :P
So says a woman.... ;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Whitty Whit wrote:So says a woman.... ;)
Yuppers...oh wait, I forgot, my opinion doesn't matter and is obviously wrong. I'm surprised you even bothered reading my silly and/or evil comment. Oh, and I love (note sarcasm) how it says on another page "feminism and lesbianism are synonymous"...umm...HARDLY. And considering that I hate knitting and don't want kids, according to them, I guess I'm just gonna be baking a whole lot of cookies and making myself and my non-existent husband fat...oh wait, I don't get to decide anything of what I do, right? That's up to my currently non-existent husband. So what happens if I don't get married? Should I be put to death at the stake? Or am I allowed to join a convent?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:So says a woman.... ;)
Yuppers...oh wait, I forgot, my opinion doesn't matter and is obviously wrong. I'm surprised you even bothered reading my silly and/or evil comment. Oh, and I love (note sarcasm) how it says on another page "feminism and lesbianism are synonymous"...umm...HARDLY. And considering that I hate knitting and don't want kids, according to them, I guess I'm just gonna be baking a whole lot of cookies and making myself and my non-existent husband fat...oh wait, I don't get to decide anything of what I do, right? That's up to my currently non-existent husband. So what happens if I don't get married? Should I be put to death at the stake? Or am I allowed to join a convent?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

On an atheist forum I attend a lot, we concluded that the site "jesus-is-savior.com" is in fact a troll site. Most likely done by a group of agnostics/atheist who want to make a mockery of conservative protestants views and beliefs or simply for the "lulz". I mean really, no one can possibly take the site serious unless they truly believe what they believe, which is probably only 1%. Though I do admit, I read the site for fun when I'm in a bad mood, you get the best laughs possible. I mean it people, try it when your have a down day.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I sometimes have trouble telling whether things are genuine or if someone's trolling because of all the strange people my family has met. :anxious: There are some pretty weird individuals around. But I could see that being a likely scenario. :-k Though that would probably mean that all the other sites that website links to are listed there out of mockery--they're not anywhere near as over-the-top or offensive, but they're still conservative and tacky enough that someone would feel the need to take shots at them. If that's the case, that's extremely rude and defaming to those other people.
SoccerLOTR wrote:I noticed that the base site for this is the same site that is saying the King James Bible is the ONLY Bible and if you have any other version, you are a heretic...I believe we had this discussion somewhere else.
We were discussing another church website that unashamedly blasted all non-KJV Bibles, as I recall.
Whitty Whit wrote:Image
:lol: Win.
TigerintheShadows

They also call Whoopi Goldberg a lesbian...ignoring the fact that she's had, what, three husbands or something?
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

DanP740 wrote:There will be toilets in heaven?
I honestly just busted up laughing. !!!

And wow... thanks to the person of that website. Apparently all of the USA is retarded. Cute.

Adventist's also don't "believe", if you want to say that, in dancing. They don't stand for it or anything, but that doesn't mean some of us don't like to dance *uh, then again, most of us Adventist's can't dance. the ongoing joke. ;)*. DAVID DANCED. I approve of dancing. Is all DANCING wrong? No. Is all of it right? No to that either. I think it depends on who you are dancing for. A father/daughter dance at a wedding? A first couple dance? The right motives. Dancing in a stripe club? Maybe not. Dancing because you want to for God? the right motives. I mean, really. People go to extremes to try to disprove something, or prove something. There is always a middle though. And for each middle, there is a right and wrong. You just have to have the brains to understand that and live to it.

Is all music good? No. Is all music bad? No. A right and wrong to that too.

And guys, remember that everyone has different beliefs. Some Christians believe in the Trinity - some DON'T. Every denomination is different, every PERSON is different in their beliefs. So, even IF that site is a troll site, *shrug* Some people believe that dancing is wrong. But if they also say the USA is retarded, I get the feeling they don't live in the USA. Then again, I have found anti-Ellen White sites - been given links in fact. Ellen White was someone who helped found the SDA church/denomination of Christian.

But, wow... I love when people are blind, even in trolling.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Some Christians believe in the Trinity - some DON'T.
Ummm... not to start a debate or anything, but don't Christians, by definition, have to believe in the Trinity? If Scripture says God is a Trinity, then to worship a god that isn't a Trinity is idolatry, right?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Christian A. wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Some Christians believe in the Trinity - some DON'T.
Ummm... not to start a debate or anything, but don't Christians, by definition, have to believe in the Trinity? If Scripture says God is a Trinity, then to worship a god that isn't a Trinity is idolatry, right?
o.0 Never heard that before. I know some people on this SITE don't believe in the Trinity. Do they love God? Yes. Do I believe they will make it to Heaven? Absolutely. Really, that should strip away all confusion in the end.

And the Bible - to be honest - is not ENTIRELY clear on it. I got into a little bit of an argument of sorts with someone on another site because they didn't believe in the Trinity - that it was blaspheme to say that Jesus IS God - when it isn't, but *shrug* The person didn't really want to listen and I didn't want to press the matter. I believe in the Trinity. Jesus IS God, and He is God's son. The Holy Spirit is a part of God too - making the Trinity - they are three, and they are one - three identities for one person.

But no, I do not believe the Trinity is in any part a definition in the statement of calling yourself Christian. Christian means following Christ - Christ is the center.

Is the Trinity confusing? Yes. But I do know at least one denomination that doesn't believe in the Trinity.

PS: It really isn't much of a debate, but just so you know, some don't believe in the Trinity. *shrug* Why, I do not know. Does that make them any less? Nope.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Uh, @ Christian A. Bible never actually uses the word Trinity. But definitely says God is a Trinity.

@DAM Does it make them any less? Not at all! Does it make them less wrong? Not at all. ;)
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.