All Dancing is Dirty! :x

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

All Dancing is Dirty! :x

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I was searching 'Dirty Dancing' on Google and came across this lovely website: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20 ... ancing.htm . The author had some pretty intense words to say about dancing and America in general.

My favorites are:
A woman's place is in the home baking cookies ...
There won't be any feminists in Heaven, because God won't tolerate that garbage up there. You'll be cleaning toilets and begging for crumbs under the Master's table. Only in the retarded U.S.A. are women put in charge of armies.
I guarantee you that most people who dance are also pro-choice, because both practices are immoral.
\:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

lol that's just....sad.....ly hilarious. \:D/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

There will be toilets in heaven?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Hahaha? That's hilarious, to say the least.

And that last quote is like saying PCs and bowls are technological because they are both manufactured.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Over the Rainbow wrote:I was searching 'Dirty Dancing' on Google
What an edifying way to spend your time. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Whoever wrote this failuriffic garbage wrote:There won't be any feminists in Heaven,
There won't need to be, because we'll have our rights.
Whoever wrote this failuriffic garbage wrote:because God won't tolerate that garbage up there. You'll be cleaning toilets and begging for crumbs under the Master's table.
Because there's something about men that makes them so special that they're more worthy than women to eat with Jesus Christ, Lord of the universe. ;)
Whoever wrote this failuriffic garbage wrote:Only in the retarded U.S.A. are women put in charge of armies.
Tell that to a female army officer. Go on. I'll wait. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Everytime I stumble across one of those retro sites with all that colorful text that hurts your eyes, I know I've found a goldmine of LOL. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

This website wrote: The ONLY place where dancing is acceptable is between a husband and wife in the privacy of their own home, and without observation by others.
Wait, wut?

Aww man! I really wanted to go and dance with a girl. :(

Edit:
This website wrote: Think about it ... the average person today can't help but laugh at the thought that dancing is a sin; yet millions of unplanned pregnancies continue to be terminated through murderous abortions.
How in the WORLD can you go from dancing to abortion??

Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Over the Rainbow wrote:I was searching 'Dirty Dancing' on Google.
One question, why?

Wow... That's an... Interesting point of view. I mean I get how some types of dancing is wrong, and I agree that some kinds of dancing aren't good and shouldn't be done, but not all dancing in general. Also, dancing = abortion, not necessarily directly related.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I saw this site's page on Toby Mac. :lol: Strange people.

EDIT: Though I must admit, the more I read from the links on this website, the more... unsettling their legalism is. O_o
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

This website wrote:American society is so messed up economically and morally that it requires a commitment by Christian husbands and wives to live very simple, without all the toys and conveniences of modern-day society that cost so much money.
WHAT.

Argh. I guess it's a sin to own in iPad. :( Or a flat-screen TV. or TV in general. Or a computer. Or electricity. Or running water. Or air. :(
#FOREVERKITTY
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Over the Rainbow wrote:I was searching 'Dirty Dancing' on Google.
One question, why?
Oh, sorry. I should have expounded on this. :anxious: Dirty Dancing is a '80s movie that I watched recently. I'm actually not a fan and think the film is highly overrated. I was googling to read reviews and such to see if others found the movie annoying as well. :yes:

And yes, Jelly, it is a goldmine. The more links I find, the funnier it gets. \:D/ I particulary like the one where they trash Selena Gomez and call her a whore. \:D/

:p
Last edited by Over the Rainbow on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

This website wrote:It is unbiblical for women to lead men in any capacity.
Oh... So women are totally dependent on men? Aw snap. There goes Sarah Palin...
This website wrote: It is important to note that David was not sensually dancing in the sense that many people do today.
And I thought all forms of dancing was bad?
This website wrote:We are Not to Seek God's Will; But, rather, God's Word
This was on another page of this same dude's site.

What. On. Earth. And isn't God's will for Christians IN God's Word? Aw man. I wanted to read God's Word, but totally ignore His will. :(
This website wrote:The demon-possessed singer Katy Perry parades her lewdness,
Hahahahaha... Katy Perry is demon possessed?
This website wrote:Bath-sheba was either careless or deliberately seduced king David.
Hm... I heard one speaker talk about how that was normal for people to bath where they did. I'm not sure exactly where she was, but David knew this, and specifically put himself in a position to become lustful.

Or something like that.
This website wrote:It is sinful for whores like Taylor Swift and Katy Perry to lie on the ground in sensual poses,
Eh, I can understand Katy Perry somewhat... but Taylor Swift is a whore?
This website wrote:I shared this information with you to say this, pants on women is OBSCENE by every definition of the word.

Obscene:

1. Designed to incite to indecency or lust.
2. Offensive to the mind.
3. Suggestive of or tending to moral looseness.
I'm sorry. Offensive to the mind? O.o Yeah. When I see a girl with pants on, I think "Hm. Blue pants. I like blue. I also like green. I also like red. Oh cool. Santa hats are red. Santa hats are cool."

Shows you how perverted my mind is. :(

Haha.. On their "Protest-Gay-Day". Westboro anybody? They also show several pictures of guys kissing. lol. If they're against it, why post pictures of homos kissing? O.o This dude who wrote this cracks me up.
This website wrote:The serpent said that Adam and Eve would become “as gods, knowing good and evil” (Genesis 3:5) and that's exactly what happened. When they sinned by partaking of the forbidden fruit, the eyes of their understanding were opened and they became aware of good and evil. They immediately went to hide, knowing that public nudity is evil.
But they were naked before their "eyes were opened"... So wouldn't it still be sin? O.o
This SICK website wrote: I'd like to offer my own amended lyrics to Mr. Greenwood's song, because my version is reality...

And I'm sad to be an American
Where we murder our children because we're free
And I'm ashamed of what our troops are doing in Iraq
where we have killed so many in an unprovoked attack

And I gladly stand up
and pray for God to curse America
'Cause there ain't no doubt we spit in God's face
God curse the USA.
Do I even need to say anything about this? :-|
This website wrote:But you say, “pastor you have a dirty mind”; No, I have a man's mind, and you're a moron if you don't understand what I'm saying.
Repeatedly, I find this (apparently a pastor) person calling people derogatory names (i.e. moron, idiot. et cetera) Funny.. There's a verse in the Bible that talks about "no corrupt communication proceed out of thy mouth"...........
This website wrote:If you don't like what I'm saying, then you're part of the problem. It is tragic how many people hypocritically sit in church while supporting the ungodly war in Iraq. Only an ignorant fool, or a selfish monster who doesn't care about others, would support what our troops are doing in Iraq. What gives us the right to force what we call “democracy” upon other nations? Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what's for dinner (majority rules). Democracy is NOT freedom!
Dude. Is this Westboro's site? Is this dude/wacked out pastor facist or something? Maybe Communist...

Referring to the people's rebellion while Moses was on Mt. Sinai:
This website wrote:It was rock-n-roll music ... LOUD NOISE!
So loud noises are rocknroll?

OKAY. This just did it in for me. This dude must be affiliated with Westboro or something.
This....url wrote:I agree with pastor Jeremiah Wright... GOD beaver dam AMERICA!
Uh-huh... You do that

Note: I quoted the actual text on that website...

Okay. I think I'm done for now.

Edit:
Okay, so I'm not done. I was ready to go to bed when I went back to this site's main page. I saw this link to "the truth behind 911". I thought it would be some cover-up for EMS services or something like that. lol. These people think there was some sort of government conspiracy involving bombs being planted in the WTC...
#FOREVERKITTY
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Whitty Whit, I agree with every thing you said above about this website. This website is absolutely ridiculous and very legalistic. It angers and saddens me how people who are "Christians" can say that dancing is dirty, feminist will not go to heaven, curse America, and other lies.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
TigerintheShadows

Oh, I've seen this in spades. They're probably either really screwed up "real" Christians, or they're fake wackos who think they're Christians and want to get themselves recognized.

I love how it's all Bathsheba's fault and not David's. David was the one who put himself there, David was the one who lusted, David was the one who had the power, and if we're talking about who sinned first, it was definitely David. I mean, how much was there that Bathsheba could have done? That was how they bathed back in the day. David was the king. She was a woman living in a culture where "love your wives and other women" was a radical statement. Put it all together and what happened happened. I hate how people always peg women and act like it's all their fault (example: Adam and Eve). It's not "all our fault", and anyone who believes as such is fooling themselves.

And how dare these people accuse Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, and Taylor Swift of things like whoredom? Yes, a lot of what those people do is not particularly morally sound, but I wouldn't say it's "whoredom". That's a pretty serious thing to say, and should not be taken lightly, as this man has obviously done.

This reminds me of a website I went to months ago called Cutting Edge Ministries, which spouted all this garbage about how Harry Potter was occultic because of ludicrous things like "Satan's favorite color is green and Harry's eyes are green and McGonagall's cloak is green and the icing on Harry's birthday cake is green so it's occultic and demonic!" I'm sorry, that's garbage. (I tore those things to shreds once. My computer crashed, though, so I don't have them. Such a shame; I enjoyed tearing into those things.)

And Adam and Eve didn't hide beacuse "public nudity is evil". That's almost hilarious; it sounds like something a five year old child would come up with. This person completely misses the point. Adam and Eve hid because they sinned and offended a holy God, not because they were naked. :roll: And like Whitty Whit said, they were before "naked and were not ashamed". Apparently, logic fails people like this.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Maybe Communist...
My appologies, but that is a very ignorant comment. I don't agree with a lot what this guy is saying, and he definitely not a communist. Also giving this site attention is a waist of your time, he is probably someone who is just physiologically unfit. On another note, it is a common belief that the attacks on the world trade centre were not entirely terrorist and it is also pretty widely believed that the U.S. should not be in Iraq, but I feel like where he is coming from isn't from the same direction as anyone else.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

31899 wrote:
Maybe Communist...
My appologies, but that is a very ignorant comment. I don't agree with a lot what this guy is saying, and he definitely not a communist. Also giving this site attention is a waist of your time, he is probably someone who is just physiologically unfit. On another note, it is a common belief that the attacks on the world trade centre were not entirely terrorist and it is also pretty widely believed that the U.S. should not be in Iraq, but I feel like where he is coming from isn't from the same direction as anyone else.

Actually, I'm not trying to say that he's communist. that was just the other political party that I thought of that was against democracy.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jelly wrote:Everytime I stumble across one of those retro sites with all that colorful text that hurts your eyes, I know I've found a goldmine of LOL. \:D/
When I come across a site that has weird color combinations and randomly highlighted words I just close the window because I know it’s just a waste of time. If they were just a little weird it would be funny, but those kinds of people are unquantifiably illogical. It just turns me off so much I can’t even laugh at them.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I always assumed that people who posted on those sites were anti-Christians with a twisted sense of humour. I never thought seriously that whoever posted it was in earnest... :anxious:

That ain't good at all, if your man is serious. Makes for an entertaining, if somewhat disturbing read though.
TigerintheShadows

I find it hard to believe that a real Christian would spread such a hate-rooted message, but what else can we assume? They're probably Christians of the radical variety.
AIO tumblr sideblog