God Vs. Science! Must read!

A really great and intriguing story!

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

John Chrysostom wrote:Also Dredge my main point is that the professor would believe there is evidence for evolution, he wouldn't believe in evolution if he thought there was no proof. Now you can argue that there isn't proof but the student made two straw men, he said first that humans evolved from monkeys, that is not what evolution says it says we evolved from a common ancestor. Secondly he said that because the professor hadn't seen evolution with his own eyes it couldn't be true, that is a ridiculous straw man and a standard of proof that no one would ever agree to, so my point is that this student is not addressing actual points. He's making up bad arguments that he can defeat and claiming victory without actually addressing any real points.
The Real Points I would have made were:
-If no thought goes into language it's just gibberish but thought is mostly speaking in the head. Which was first?
-Society needs communication to work. That is lingo. Which came first?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Those are much better points than the ones made in the story. I have no idea how communication came about.

So you'd agree that the points being made in this story don't hold up?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

John Chrysostom wrote:Those are much better points than the ones made in the story. I have no idea how communication came about.

So you'd agree that the points being made in this story don't hold up?
Quite frankly, the only way I see the proffessor or the students getting into a college or a class (Prolly Philosophy or science) like this is with quite a bit of money... ](*,)
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

And yet again you avoid answering a question by going off on a non-sequitur because you have no idea how to engage in an actual discussion.