What do you wear to church?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.

What do you think?

It's the House of God! We must always look our best.
41%
I think we should look decent when going to church.
35%
We're just getting together with other Christians. There's no need to impress God.
6%
I have an alternative opinion!
12%
It. Doesn't. Matter. Dude.
6%

Total votes: 17

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Termite wrote:So do you dress up while doing your private devotionals?
...meaning, you don't? :anxious:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

...Why would you? :anxious: If what Termite is referring to is what I think she's referring to, then those devotionals tend to be fairly informal. I know mine are. They're also right after our choir rehearsal, so it's not like we're going to go to choir rehearsal in casual clothes and then change into more dressy attire just to attend a devotional.

If I'm way off-base, let me know, Terminator. :anxious:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I meant at your own house. In your bedroom. :-
The Kings Daughter wrote:Sure it isn't necessary to be all dressed up, but when you meet with an important person, you try to look your best! And I think God's a bit more than just an important person, by wearing nicer closer it's like honoring Him with our dress.
^^Because of that. It's still meeting with God, even if it is one-on-one. *shrugs* I guess I just felt like being really literal. :P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

TigerintheShadows wrote:...Why would you? :anxious:
I kid. O:)

Okay, imagine you're dating. When you go out with him, you dress up, you show you respect him. But if you're just sitting in a lounge talking, you'll have on your hoodie and jeans.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:...Why would you? :anxious:
I kid. O:)

Okay, imagine you're dating. When you go out with him, you dress up, you show you respect him. But if you're just sitting in a lounge talking, you'll have on your hoodie and jeans.
That's a great example :yes: heh, my personal devotions, I'm usually in my PJs in bed, first thing in the morning, or right before bed. Not dressy at all :-
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I usually wear a dress or nice pants with a blouse for the main service. If I am going to my church any other time of the week, I'll wear jeans and a casual shirt. My parent's raised me dress up for church. I never liked dressing up, but I tolerate it. If it was up to me, I would probably still try to dress up for the main service, but in pants almost all of the time.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis