Messianic Q&A

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Under point four you talk about Christ's kingdom. Do you believe that means that Christ will reign for a literal 1,000 years on earth after His Second Coming?
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Sorry. I didn't see your post until now. :anxious:
Ayn Rand wrote:Under point four you talk about Christ's kingdom. Do you believe that means that Christ will reign for a literal 1,000 years on earth after His Second Coming?
Yes, we do believe that.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Mulan wrote:For my congregation, we do liturgy, a Torah service, praise and worship, and a sermon. The Torah service is somewhat similar to Jewish services, however during that time we also read from the New Testament. During praise and worship, we have dancers dancing very Israeli dances. Some of the liturgy is spoken in Hebrew.
Ooh, liturgical dance. Neat. \:D/

I don't have any questions!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I used to be Messianic \:D/

I have no questions, either.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
sheltiez
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by sheltiez »

What kind of things do Messianics do on the Sabbath? I am a Seventh-day Adventist so I keep it as well. I was wandering if they are more like us where the day is devoted to G-d but you can do things like take a walk or do work if it can bring someone to G-d or are you guys more othodox as in you follow the Jewish law where no work at all is allowed?
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

sheltiez wrote:What kind of things do Messianics do on the Sabbath? I am a Seventh-day Adventist so I keep it as well. I was wandering if they are more like us where the day is devoted to G-d but you can do things like take a walk or do work if it can bring someone to G-d or are you guys more othodox as in you follow the Jewish law where no work at all is allowed?
It is different with each person or family. Generally, we believe that on that day we should take a break from our normal work and rest. We should set aside the Sabbath for God and the people we love. You can certainly take a walk and work to help bring someone to God. You can do work if your boss says you have to. There is really no law set in stone about the Sabbath at our congregation. Some people are more lenient on what is acceptable on the Sabbath and what is not, while others are more strict. Like I said before, it differs with each person or family. Our congregation is not very orthodox when it comes to the Sabbath, however we do try to make the Sabbath special by focusing on God and our loved ones.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

some people go as far as not using a telephone. I'm half Jewish and my mom isn't the jewish one lol but she goes to kinda like a messianic thingy. and my mom thinks that you shouldn't spend money on the sabbath. (which I don't agree with cause...then she won't take me shopping or anything lol) but it says something like that in the Bible. so I'm sorry for butting in, Sapphire.
One ring to rule them all.