Full Gospel Q&A

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Full Gospel Q&A

Post by Joy »

I will try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities. So, ask away! Also, if you would like to ask about my church specifically, then I will be happy to answer! :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Is this related to the Full Gospel Business Men's Association!? \:D/
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

What is the Full Gospel Business Men's Association? Full Gospel means we believe in the Holy Spirit,and speaking in tongues. Our church believes in the FULL gospel.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

How is the FULL Gospel different than the Gospel?

Do you have a statement of faith you can link to or post?

Do you know how many churches are in your denomination?
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I misinterpreted my denomination. We are Penecostal, except for a few differences. My church is part of Zion Fellowship International, run by Dr. Brian Bailey. We do have a website with a Statement of Faith, which is here: http://www.zionfellowship.org/faith.aspx We have roughly 28 churches in North America, Central America, South America, Africa, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Last edited by Joy on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Chrysostom

Your statement of faith says "We believe the whole canon of Scripture (both Old and New Testaments) as originally given" what does your denomination mean by originally given?

How do you practice communion?
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

As in, the way it was first written.

We practice communion on Christian holidays, by breaking bread, and drink a small cup of grape juice, to signify what happened in Matthew 26:26-27.
John Chrysostom

So how many books do you have in your Bible?
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Same as most Bibles. 66.
John Chrysostom

I was looking at the site you linked to and I noticed you have a board of directors. Could you explain how that works in practice? And is there a scriptural reason your denomination choose this authority structure?
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

You see, Pastor Bailey, the head of our Fellowship, is very sick. He needs a complete new heart. It is very possible,unless God intervenes, that he could die. If he does die, Pastor Wallace will take over as head of the fellowship. I am not aware of a specific structure, nor do I know what position Pastor Tucker has. And, I don't think there is a scriptural reason for the authority structure, though I could be wrong.
John Chrysostom

Do you believe that miracles happen in the present age?
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Yes.
John Chrysostom

What is your view on the Nicene Creed?
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Ummm, I don't mean to sound ignorant, but, what is the Nicene Creed?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Nicene creed:
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible
and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only‐begotten Son of God, begotten of His Father before all
worlds, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one
substance with the Father, by whom all things were made; who for us men and for our
salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary
and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was
buried. And the third day He rose again according to the Scriptures and ascended into
heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. And He will come again with glory to judge
both the living and the dead, whose kingdom will have no end.
And I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and
the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, who spoke by
the prophets. And I believe in one holy Christian and apostolic Church I acknowledge one
Baptism for the remission of sins, and I look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of
the world to come. Amen.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Since I've read it now, I believe that the Nicene Creed is true.
John Chrysostom

Most Pentecostals I've talked to baptize in the name of Jesus, do you baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?

The site you linked to says that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is evidenced by speaking in tounges, does that mean you have to speak in tounges to be saved?

What are your views on the Catholic Church?
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Q1:Yes.
Q2:No.
Q3: Pastor Bailey,(you may have seen his name on the Board of Directors section on the website) once said this:"I believe that Mother Teresa is in Heaven, but no thanks to the Pope." There are some Catholics that are born again, but the Roman Catholic Doctrines don't help much. They emphasize church rituals over faith in Jesus Christ. The Catholic church also encourages the worship of the worship of the virgin Mary.
John Chrysostom

How would you define born again?

What would be the proper attitude toward Mary?