Cartoon Violence Against Pro-Lifers

(And other troubling trends?)

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Cartoon Violence Against Pro-Lifers

Post by Amethystic »

Maybe this is more of a socio-political topic than a religious one, but since abortion beliefs and religious beliefs are pretty closely tied this seemed like a good place to post this. I finally got around to watching this Planned Parenthood promotional/educational/??? video that Planned Parenthood Golden Gate produced and put on their website in 2005, and which caused a public outcry. For obvious reasons, it was eventually removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... l0SAVeK2Rg#

Needless to say, the blatancy was disturbing--it's a textbook example of a propaganda video. It wasn't the direct attack on pro-lifers that was troubling so much as it was the fact that this PP branch thought it could get away with posting something like this on their website. (Note: in 2010 they were officially cut off from the organization after allegations of covering up statutory rape, and after an eighteen-year-old girl died when they administered RU 486 to her incorrectly. http://www.lifenews.com/2010/08/10/state-5328/ ) Now, I realize that this cartoon was a bit of a fluke, and that most PP people wouldn't dare to post something this overt (though quite frankly, I'm sure there are plenty of them who wish they could), but I think it's these kinds of incidents that show how high on itself Planned Parenthood has gotten, that its members would think they can drown and detonate pro-lifers in goofy cartoon fashion.

What's more troubling still is how all too often the abortion industry becomes a law unto itself, skirting around regulations and attacking anyone who dare suggest they be investigated or cut off from funding. And it's not just "minor" stuff, either: http://www.lifenews.com/2011/02/01/plan ... afficking/ Again, even if this is a rarity, the fact that the clinic was able to function like this just indicates a need for more regulation in the abortion industry--there are many, many abortion clinics out there that have gone years without an inspection, and some serious incidents have resulted because of these lax laws. I don't care what services a medical facility provides, if patients are trusting those people with their well-being then they should be accountable to the law to ensure that everyone stays safe and proper medical practices are in place. Otherwise, worst case scenario: http://www.lifenews.com/2011/01/30/amer ... n-horrors/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

This is a clear illustration of why pro-life organizations need to fund my action backed Saturday morning cartoon, Fetus Racer.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

This video is making me sick... :sick:

Planned Parenthood is evil. No doubt about it.

\:D/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

The Top Crusader wrote:This is a clear illustration of why pro-life organizations need to fund my action backed Saturday morning cartoon, Fetus Racer.
Now that I want to see. xD
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Wow. Did she drown that guy because she disagreed with her? And when did they forget that abstinence *is* safe?
~Mark Prescott~
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Warning to younger potential viewers of this video... it's got some pretty frank mentions of mature stuff.

And it's frustrating. :( Our world is so... wrong. The fact that this organization is acceptable to mankind says a lot about the state we're in. May God restore righteousness to our wicked world.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Well hey, at least we can take heart in the fact that the video did outrage people, if only for the brief time it was up on the website. PP is losing its ability to keep people duped, and the more we make people aware about how sick these people are, the more likely we are to make a difference. Personally, I'm not very happy that my tax money is going towards the silent holocaust, so the sooner someone shows PP the door the better. (And Americans, you're so close to making this happen! Keep up the great work!)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Lee wrote:This video is making me sick... :sick:
Same here. It was absolutely sickening to watch. Those articles were horrible and sad. We need to pray and take action against these horrific activities going on.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Makes sense that this came out of San Fran.

-- 20 Feb 2012 09:36 am --

edit--ok, I couldn't even get to the four minute mark. Who honestly thought this was a good idea?
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Sapphire wrote:
Lee wrote:This video is making me sick... :sick:
Same here. It was absolutely sickening to watch. Those articles were horrible and sad. We need to pray and take action against these horrific activities going on.

I SO hope that whoever is elected this year will defund this heinous organization.

Has anyone seen the Life Action videos about PP on YouTube? (note: I do not recommend these for anyone under age 13.)

\:D/
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

LOL, I'm a moderate when it comes to the issue on abortion, but this takes the cake. I really like the part where the girl says,"I don't plan on getting any sexual transmitted disease." LOL like you have a choice when you get one. No doubt about it that PP regrets making this video. Though I was searching on the internet, I can't find any moderate sites that shows this vid other than pro-life/conservative sites. That makes this a bit suspicious.....
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I bet a prolife group wasted money to animate something stupid so they could post it and claim the other side did it. \:D/ I blame Andrew Breitbart and that fake pimp guy.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t get that video at all.

About the guy talking to the kids:
“The only truth here is [insult]” really? Seems like she was just trying to silence another point of view, not being concerned with the truth.

About the “anti-choice demonstrators”:
The solution is to make them disappear? She said herself that they have a right to protest.
As someone who has participated in demonstrations outside Planned Parenthood I know that there are rules of conduct that must be followed to make the demonstration legal. As long as they are, there’s nothing wrong with it.
And then she says the place is “open for business” now that they’re gone? It was open for business before you know. It is absolutely illegal to prevent people from going inside by your demonstration. You aren’t closing their business at all, you merely have a presence on the outside.

About the senator:
“No one is above the law” she says? Well obviously Planned Parenthood thinks they are. There are multiple cases where they flat out ignore and break laws to further their goals.

I wasn’t so much upset by the video’s propaganda aspect as I was by the nonsensical aspect.
That video perfectly displayed the problem with people like Planned Parenthood. They don’t really care about helping people, because if they did they would welcome the other side making their points.
If they really want people to be able to “choose” then they should hear both sides and make their choice. But no, they want any ideas contrary to their own to be completely silenced. Apparently the only ‘choice’ they believe in is one based on one-sided information.