What Happened?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Yes, he's my pet Jerm. And he's awesome. And he's my pet.
Whitty Whit wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:She is one of the moderators for Bad Company. ;) And this is guessing, but I think she still has powers to CCDS. So she could, in fact, move it from CCDS to BC. ;)
We didn't need that proved for us, pet. That part was quite obvious. \:D/
Oh. I was trying to be serious. \:D/
Oh. xD

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Kings Daughter wrote:I didn't know mods could/were allowed to move things to factions. :anxious:
Mods can move a thread from a normal forum to a Faction, but once it’s in there, unless they have Faction powers, they can’t do anything with it. So like WW said, Sherlock must somehow still have CCDS privileges to put it in there and then move it back out.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

This thread should probably be moved, maybe to the steps? It doesn't belong in the Church though
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It’s questioning the location of a previously Church thread. :shrugs:
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

So...can someone either approve me for bad company or move it back? I'd really like to read it. ;)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

odysseyfan1 wrote:So...can someone either approve me for bad company or move it back? I'd really like to read it. ;)
I believe we are waiting for Sherlock, you could probably pm her to inquire, since you were the thread starter and all. :yes: Since obviously we don't want Sherlock to receive loads of blackmail to move it back. ;-)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Wow. That went like...so off topic. How did we get to "is bathing small children sinful"?!

I was trying to point out that people take the "God looks at the Heart" verse completely out of context. It means that God doesn't look at whether you're short, tall, fat, skinny, handicapped, ect. If you love him and are obeying his word, he can use you...like he did with David. People who use that verse to say that being immodest is fine are not being honest and they know it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

odysseyfan1 wrote:How did we get to "is bathing small children sinful"?!
We can discuss that, but it should be done in the original thread.
odysseyfan1 wrote:People who use that verse to say that being immodest is fine are not being honest and they know it.
I didn’t see anyone doing that.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

bookworm wrote:
odysseyfan1 wrote:How did we get to "is bathing small children sinful"?!
We can discuss that, but it should be done in the original thread.
odysseyfan1 wrote:People who use that verse to say that being immodest is fine are not being honest and they know it.
I didn’t see anyone doing that.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Hey guys - Just as a quick clarification, there were some complaints lodged against the "God looks at the heart" thread due to content that some younger members found inappropriate. As I think it is best to be sensitive in these matter (and because I don't want to have potentially offensive material out there for too long) I moved the thread to BC until Catspaw or one of the other Admins could take a look at it and decide whether they thought it should stay in a faction designated for older users. Just to clarify, I don't usually mod things or move threads around, but as it was the middle of the day, and as the thread dealt with issues which some people took offense to, I decided to go ahead and take that measure temporarily.

If the powers that be think the thread is suitable for the main forum, then I am sure they would be more than happy to move it back. :) Meanwhile, I (and I am sure Tyler, if he is still around) are happy to approve anyone for BC who is in the 16+ age range and would still like to read the thread.

Hope this clears things up!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Sherlock wrote:Hope this clears things up!
It doesn’t clear up how you moved it.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

bookworm wrote:
Sherlock wrote:Hope this clears things up!
It doesn’t clear up how you moved it.
No, I suppose it doesn't.