Favorite Gospel

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.

Favorite Gospel

Matthew
17%
Mark
8%
Luke
17%
John
58%

Total votes: 12

Buzz

Favorite Gospel

Post by Buzz »

Just curious, what is your favorite gospel? :o
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Hum... I've not really thought of it, probably Luke or John
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Johnny Cash. \:D/

I don't really know, probably Luke. :yes:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I knew when I saw this topic that Mark would not have any votes. It seems to be entirely forgotten.

I voted for Matthew. It includes the Sermon on the Mount, which has some of the greatest stuff in the Bible.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I like John. Did you know it's the only gospel that includes Peter cutting off the dude's ear?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Hmm..I think I like Matthew the best. And, no, Woody, I didn't know that. That's quite interesting.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Woody wrote:I like John. Did you know it's the only gospel that includes Peter cutting off the dude's ear?
And that's why you like it? I can think of some better reasons. ^.^

It's a hard decision for me. :- Matthew and Luke are almost a little too detailed for me. But then, I was trying to memorize them. I think Mark and John are both easier to memorize, and full of verses that I like. Especially John. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I like Luke, because it was written for the philosophical Greeks. I'm not that philosophical, but I find that stuff interesting. Plus I like big words like 'philosophical'. :D
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

I never really thought about one as my favourite. They are like a barbershop quartet. In order to fully appreciate the song that they sing, you have to listen to them together.
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Josef1004 wrote:I never really thought about one as my favourite. They are like a barbershop quartet. In order to fully appreciate the song that they sing, you have to listen to them together.
Barbershop quartets don't sing gospel. Pshhhhh.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I'm guessing this is a Gospel Barbershop quartet \:D/ . Would that make it a Sunday School quartet? :-s
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Josef1004 wrote:I never really thought about one as my favourite. They are like a barbershop quartet. In order to fully appreciate the song that they sing, you have to listen to them together.
Eh, no, not really. Perhaps that's more true of the synoptic gospels, but you are fully capable of reading and appreciating the gospel of John on its own terms.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait