Are You a Christian Hipster?

Quiz

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Are You a Christian Hipster?

Post by jelly »

Take this quiz people. It's fantastic. \:D/

http://www.hipsterchristianity.com/quiz.php
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Le Quiz wrote:Your Christian Hipster Quotient:
37 / 120

Laggard. You hardly even register on the CHQ scale. But fear not: This is not necessarily a negative thing. Your Christian faith is refreshingly independent of zeitgeisty movements, styles, and reinventions.

\:D/ Non-hipsterity ftw.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Your Christian Hipster Quotient:
36 / 120
Laggard. You hardly even register on the CHQ scale. But fear not: This is not necessarily a negative thing. Your Christian faith is refreshingly independent of zeitgeisty movements, styles, and reinventions.
good my parents would almost love that.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I got 22/120. That's good. I guess.... I didn't know what they were even talking about 90% of the time.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

41 / 120
Low CHQ. You probably belong to the purpose-driven, seeker-sensitive, Hawaiian shirt-wearing Christian establishment, even though you are open to some of the "rethinking Christianity" stuff. You seem to like edginess in some measure but become uneasy when your idea of Christian orthodoxy is challenged by some renegade young visionary who claims the virgin birth isn't necessary.

Hmm. Sounds like me-ish :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

45 / 120

Low CHQ. You probably belong to the purpose-driven, seeker-sensitive, Hawaiian shirt-wearing Christian establishment, even though you are open to some of the "rethinking Christianity" stuff. You seem to like edginess in some measure but become uneasy when your idea of Christian orthodoxy is challenged by some renegade young visionary who claims the virgin birth isn't necessary.
...ish? Some of those only applied to me because the others applied to me less.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Christian Hipster Quotient
31 / 120
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Ginny Weasley wrote:
45 / 120

...ish? Some of those only applied to me because the others applied to me less.
You can't be me :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

50 / 120
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hipster Watson FTW.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

LOL. I got like 85 out of 120, and I though I was conservative. ;)

I'm actually starting to really like the term 'Christian Hipster', with some reserve. It seems to resonate with an individualistic search for truth, something I believe everyone should be striving for.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

51 / 120

I'm not sure if I should :P or #-o

I thought I was going to get a really low score. But I guess not knowing who 90% of the people were didn't help. In fact the only people I did recognize were Bush, Al Gore, Obama, Paul, Glen Beck and Jesus. :anxious:
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

74 / 120

High CHQ. You are a pretty progressive, stylish, hipster-leaning Christian, even while you could easily feel at home in a decidedly un-hip non-denominational church. You are conservative on some issues and liberal on others, and sometimes you grow weary of trendy "alt-Christianity." But make no mistake: You are a Christian hipster to at least some degree.

That seems like a pretty good description of me. In musical tastes, I'm like 100% Christian hipster. :p But I also think the very definition of a hipster would never call themselves a hipster.

A lot of the questions didn't have the answers that I would choose... But I chose the ones that were closest.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I got 54/120. Jesus would totally drink a manly stout! :x And I love the Kid A answer. XD
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Short answer, No. I think my Quotient was 31
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

83/120

At first I was quite hesitant to take this test for fear of being labeled and put in a box by some kind of "Number system." But whatever. I don't even care.

In all seriousness though, my church is literally in a warehouse, and we have IKEA stuff all over the place, also we have gluten free bread at communion...

*Puts on headphones and blasts Bon Iver*

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

36 / 120

:(
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Pretty much heavy music nontraditional beliefs will make you a hipster. Any new ideas like theistic evaluation such will put you above on the list
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

EK wrote:I got 54/120. Jesus would totally drink a manly stout! :x And I love the Kid A answer. XD
I KNOW. That is like the exact answer I would say. :p Seriously, I was pretty much stuck with steven curtis chapman and DC talk until my brother introduced me to radiohead.
The Hippie wrote:*Puts on headphones and blasts Bon Iver*
YES
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

80 / 120

High CHQ. You are a pretty progressive, stylish, hipster-leaning Christian, even while you could easily feel at home in a decidedly un-hip non-denominational church. You are conservative on some issues and liberal on others, and sometimes you grow weary of trendy "alt-Christianity." But make no mistake: You are a Christian hipster to at least some degree.

\:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)