Ask an alcohol-drinking, girl-kissing, pot-smoking Atheist!

Anything you want!

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Santa Claus is a cheery innocent figure who spreads love and joy to all the kids of the world and gives them things if they're good. I don't see how you wouldn't like this.

Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The concept of Santa made more sense in like... the 1800's when kids just wanted like a piece of wood with a string on it, but Santa is breaking all sorts of piracy laws if he is making namebrand electronics in his unsanctioned shop.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Heh. Santa getting arrested for piracy.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Also, Santa's gotten a bit lax about following up on his coal-in-the-stocking threats...

~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Santa Claus is a cheery innocent figure who spreads love and joy to all the kids of the world and gives them things if they're good. I don't see how you wouldn't like this.

He forgot the second verse... :(

It's the best one! :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Guess Who! wrote:
Aeva wrote:I have a question for you, xiao, if you decide to reappear. \:D/

What sort of clothing do you prefer to see on girls?

Let me take a WILD guess and answer for xiao....

NONE!!!! \:D/
I just knew somebody was going to say that lol.

But since xiao seems to have disappeared, I'm interested in the opinions of the other secular guys on this board. Seriously, I am truly curious about the topic of clothing. We've all heard the opinions of the Christian boys about female clothing, but I really would like to hear the side of the non-Christians.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Aeva wrote:We've all heard the opinions of the Christian boys about female clothing, but I really would like to hear the side of the non-Christians.
I suddenly feel like you couldn't care less about my opinion. :(

I just want to point something out. All Christian and non-Christian males actually agree on the issue of female clothing... if you know what I mean. :anxious: Christians simply make the choice to encourage you to do what our sin nature doesn't like. My point? Christian boys weren't born honorable gentlemen. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

I encourage girls to wear whatever they want because they're independent and don't require myself to tell them what to wear. I would encourage them to wear a coat and jeans in the winter though, since it is cold. Don't want people freezing outside.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

American Eagle wrote:
Aeva wrote:We've all heard the opinions of the Christian boys about female clothing, but I really would like to hear the side of the non-Christians.

I just want to point something out. All Christian and non-Christian males actually agree on the issue of female clothing... if you know what I mean.
Unless, of course, a guy is gay...

(Just because I like to dissagree. :mrgreen:)
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Aeva wrote:
Guess Who! wrote:
Aeva wrote:I have a question for you, xiao, if you decide to reappear. \:D/

What sort of clothing do you prefer to see on girls?

Let me take a WILD guess and answer for xiao....

NONE!!!! \:D/
I just knew somebody was going to say that lol.

But since xiao seems to have disappeared, I'm interested in the opinions of the other secular guys on this board. Seriously, I am truly curious about the topic of clothing. We've all heard the opinions of the Christian boys about female clothing, but I really would like to hear the side of the non-Christians.
I second this post :)

Could we open up this question in its own thread? I would love to see a discussion on it.
*insert provocative quote here*
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

As long as it's focused on non-Christian opinions. We've had enough of these already.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Darn, I had no idea there were so many of you flaming atheists on here. :P

I do enjoy talking to educated atheists much more than I enjoy talking to uneducated Christians, blindly following the Sunday school answers to life they grew up with without ever putting their beliefs to the test. I do find it very sad that there are seemingly fewer educated Christians than there are atheists, but I think this is partially due to the fact that people in general would rather find evidence that supports what they'd like to believe instead of looking at things from an unbiased point of view. Of course, being entirely unbiased is impossible, but we can try, can't we?

As far as questions go (and if I'm assuming correctly, these are being asked to any atheist who chooses to answer on this thread at this point, as xiao has dropped out): Do you think unicorns ever existed?
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Unicorns? Umm... what. As far as I know there's never been any evidence of such a creature. Of course you could just tie a horn onto a horse and call it a unicorn. ;D

I just love your post though. "Yes, it is nice to talk to educated people, now do you think unicorns ever existed?"
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

American Eagle wrote:

I just want to point something out. All Christian and non-Christian males actually agree on the issue of female clothing... if you know what I mean. :anxious: Christians simply make the choice to encourage you to do what our sin nature doesn't like. My point? Christian boys weren't born honorable gentlemen. \:D/
I do care, I promise, and I definitely understand what you mean. I've just never had an opportunity to discuss clothing with non-Christians before now. (I mean, I'm not going to just walk up to my heathen classmates and ask their opinions lol.) I want to hear the side of the honorable gentlemen who aren't Christians. \:D/
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Did no one care about my opinion? :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

D:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Text smilies look weird in other colors...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Did no one care about my opinion? :(
I care! :) And I appreciate your answer. I guess I subconsciously didn't include you in the "secular men" category because you're gay, and I didn't think female clothing would have any affect on you. :anxious: Maybe I should clarify the topic a bit. We've all head the opinions of the Christian boys who prefer to see girls in skirts and loose-fitting clothing to help counteract the lust factor. I want to know the opinions of the non-Christian boys; I'm curious to know what types of clothing attract secular men. Obviously short-shorts and tube tops will do the trick, but what about flattering shirts that don't let everything hang out? I guess I'm asking because Christian boys seem to be more sensitive to the female shape, so I thought I'd ask the not-as-conservative guys to get their opinions on modest clothing.
Last edited by Aeva on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Well I definitely think that girls don't need to be constantly trying to attract boys. It kind of makes them subordinate if their clothing choices are only made to attract guys. Of course that could be the purpose depending on the situation. But I definitely don't think that anyone needs to wear clothing to attract someone all the time.