Ask an alcohol-drinking, girl-kissing, pot-smoking Atheist!

Anything you want!

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Aeva wrote:I'm curious to know what types of clothing attract secular men.
You're just... 'curious'? :anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Oh, KBT :p

The purpose of such a question isn't so that girls can learn how to attract secular men. (Besides, I'm pretty sure we could guess how to do so on our own :- ) As followers of Christ, we want to avoid making men stumble, period. That includes both secular and Christian men. However, if we dress only according to what our Christian brothers have told us, we're missing out on understanding the opinions and desires of all other guys. Including gay men ;)

I think what we're trying to determine is the following: is dressing modestly by a Christan guy's standards really different than dressing modestly by a secular guy's standards? It's a great question...and one that deserves an honest answer.
*insert provocative quote here*
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:I think what we're trying to determine is the following: is dressing modestly by a Christian guy's standards really different than dressing modestly by a secular guy's standards?
Why would it be? :-s

Alas, I can't help you with your wardrobe predicament, since I believe Jesus Christ - my Lord and savior - died on the cross for my sins. *let's out a big black-lady 'hallelujah'* :dance:

:anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Oh, KBT :p

The purpose of such a question isn't so that girls can learn how to attract secular men. (Besides, I'm pretty sure we could guess how to do so on our own :- )
But this sort of (incorrectly) presumes that all non-Christian men lack self-control and/or wish for women to wear revealing or immodest clothing. Christianity presumes a sort of value system, but I also believe that people can have standards and values without being Christians so necessarily they may agree on wardrobe-related issues.

For example, I know several so-called "secular" men who think that revealing clothing often looks tacky. \:D/
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

IMO, women can dress up however they want, well under the right enviroment (such as not wearing inappropriate clothes during professional work places, weddings, etc.). But they should be wary that people will judge them accordingly if they decide to wear skimpy clothes.

For me personally, I look more into the girls personality then looks. Yeah I mean sure they can have a nice figure (and in my head would admire them for it). But if they're something like a drama queen or..... (yeah I probably shouldn't say it in a christian forum) then I personally wouldn't want to form any relationship or be around with her.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith