Ask an alcohol-drinking, girl-kissing, pot-smoking Atheist!

Anything you want!

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Ask an alcohol-drinking, girl-kissing, pot-smoking Atheist!

Post by xiao »

First off, let me preface this post with something I've really been meaning to get out there.

\:D/

Alright, now that that's out of the way, hit me with your best questions, folks. Yes, indeed, I drink alcohol and enjoy getting buzzed on occasion. Indeed, I have had quite a few relations with those of the opposite sex. Indeed, I do partake in the "forbidden herb" every now and again, and indeed, I do not believe in the existence of a god, or of any of mankind's proposed religious solutions to the grandly complex question of life.

Now have at ye, and I will do my best to answer your questions in a timely and helpful manner.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

So evidently you are proud of your lifestyle?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
xiao

Post by xiao »

Whitty Whit wrote:So evidently you are proud of your lifestyle?
Yes, absolutely. However, I believe the way I do all of these things is totally responsible and reasonable - I moderate myself and adhere to my own strict personal moral code.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Why is an Atheist on an AIO site?
~ Walker in Dreams
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Do you believe that this lifestyle will help or hurt you physically/mentally/emotionally in the long run?
Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:Why is an Atheist on an AIO site?
I, myself, have often wondered that, and I still don't know why. But he is here, make the most of it.
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

xiao wrote:First off, let me preface this post with something I've really been meaning to get out there.

\:D/

Alright, now that that's out of the way, hit me with your best questions, folks. Yes, indeed, I drink alcohol and enjoy getting buzzed on occasion. Indeed, I have had quite a few relations with those of the opposite sex. Indeed, I do partake in the "forbidden herb" every now and again, and indeed, I do not believe in the existence of a god, or of any of mankind's proposed religious solutions to the grandly complex question of life.

Now have at ye, and I will do my best to answer your questions in a timely and helpful manner.
You sound incredibly narrow minded. Why haven't you ever considered drinking the opposite sex, smoking alcohol, and kissing weed?
xiao

Post by xiao »

Check my join date, there, bud. I've been on this site (and its predecessor) for years and years now - when I joined, I was a Christian. Since then, things have changed.
T.S. (myself) wrote:Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
Well, I'm an active musician and filmmaker. Currently I have plans to record an album with Steve Albini (producer of Pixies and Nirvana) in Chicago and I'm currently in talks with a few record labels discussing signing a record deal. I'm also currently in the process of making a surrealist horror movie called "Pulko" about a boy lost in a forest with lots of strange creatures with tree bark for flesh. I'm trying to get that going on Kickstarter and I already have the backing of a few local video studios.

So to answer your question, I see myself successfully creating and publishing the music and films I put so much love into.

How about yourself?
Whitty Whit wrote:Do you believe that this lifestyle will help or hurt you physically/mentally/emotionally in the long run?
The first interesting question of this thread!

Well, that all depends. As of now, I've been doing all of these things for years and I haven't noticed a negative effect. If I'm likely to give up any of it, alcohol would come first. It can be fun when used in moderation with friends, but it's harmful stuff in general and not something I'd like to make a habit of. Luckily, I seem to have the least addictive personality of anyone I know - I've never really been addicted to anything. I used to smoke cigarettes and "quit" when I realized I had totally forgotten about them after running out. I had no urges, no cravings. The same goes for pot and alcohol - I enjoy them, but I don't rely on them, or ever feel like I "need" them for anything. If I did, I would realize this is a sign of an unhealthy dependency, and I would eliminate them from my life instantly.

I have no plans to attempt to stop my natural drive towards females and pursuing worthwhile relationships with them.

Marijuana has overall improved my quality of life, I'd say. It's just something calming and relaxing that can give me a new outlook on things. I do it with friends sometimes as something fun and harmless. I don't use it to ease stress, avoid real-life issues, or anything of a destructive nature. It's sort of like drinking a warm cup off coffee in the morning now for me, my body is so used to it.

And lastly, since I gave up my belief in God / the supernatural, I've found that my quality of life has increased tenfold. I've learned more than I could have ever stomached about a personal passion of mine, science, and I've more healthily learned to deal with concepts such as grief, mortality, loss, and the temporary (but beautiful) nature of existence. No longer do I live in fear of hell or any demon. No longer do I make grand, hurtful mistakes and think "it's okay, god will forgive me." I believe this life is my only shot, so I've got to get it as right as I possibly can, and make as large of an impact as possible.

For future questions, guys, please don't refer to everything as "your lifestyle" - this limits and complicates your questions in a restrictive way. Please ask me separate questions about alcohol, girls, marijuana, and atheism, according to what you'd like to know.
Guess Who! wrote:You sound incredibly narrow minded. Why haven't you ever considered drinking the opposite sex, smoking alcohol, and kissing weed?
You bring up a valid point. I will get on this and post back with the results ASAP.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I'm pretty sure that drinking the opposite sex is paramount to satan worship. :noway:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

What kind of music do you make?

What record labels are you in talks with (if you don't mind saying)?

If your life is merely a page in history that will be gone forever, why do you "have to get it as right as you possibly can?" I'm sure it's a question you've heard a lot, but I'd like to hear your personal answer.

What do you think of The King of Limbs? Sufjan? Post-rock?

Does marijuana have a stronger effect than alcohol?
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Okay, do you have medical marijuana license, or do you take it illegally?

Since you don't believe in a god, or anything supernatural or anything, why do you think we're here? What's the purpose of life? or are we simply evolved beings who happened to randomly evolve just right?
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

oh man, I totally forgot that you used to smoke, pretty great quitting story though :)

I similarly have a very low addictive personality. I like drinking but usually can't be bothered to go to the store to buy any more alcohol, so I'll go weeks without any. As for weed... well. Awhile back I got about a 10$ bunch and the person who gave it to me said, with your habits, this will last about 6 months! 10 months later.... 90% of it is still here :P

Anyway. Pretty much all your personal descriptors in the opening post also apply for me, so I could steal some of the more interesting questions you get and answer them myself, I suppose :P If you don't mind me hijacking your thread \:D/

I'm really pretty *boring* though. I've been too busy working to date anyone since I broke up with my long term boyfriend about a year and a half ago... and as specified above, my adventures with substances are few and far between.

(FWIW, kissing weed is about as disappointing as can be imagined. Narrowmindedness wins!)
Last edited by Guess Who! on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Oh hey.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
Oh hey.
I know, right? And we've all been here much longer than this particular questioner :)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Who dem boys that be having it crunk every occasion?
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

EK wrote:Who dem boys that be having it crunk every occasion?
I literally have no idea what you just said.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

xiao wrote: It's sort of like drinking a warm cup off coffee in the morning now for me, my body is so used to it.
I perceive that to mean that you have a more or less dependence on it then... Are you dependent on marijuana? Or do you mean that it's so normal, you don't see or have any problems you could experience with it?
#FOREVERKITTY
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Whitty Whit wrote:
xiao wrote: It's sort of like drinking a warm cup off coffee in the morning now for me, my body is so used to it.
I perceive that to mean that you have a more or less dependence on it then... Are you dependent on marijuana? Or do you mean that it's so normal, you don't see or have any problems you could experience with it?
I've never smoked anything in my life, but from what I've heard, you can't actually get dependent on marijuana. It's one of the few drugs you can't. Well apart from caffeine.
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

oh, people can *certainly* get dependent on caffeine. It's actually one of the *more* addictive drugs, it's just, the *consequences* of addiction are really very low.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

When I get into middle school I'm gonna be as cool as xiao!!!! \:D/