Request knowledge of the beliefs held by DanP740

~_~

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I've heard of highly improbable or impossible things happening, yes I do.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Do you think that humans have the right to end life? (ie: end of life care, abortion, execution. etc..)
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Heh, just last week in English class I was on the debate team that was pro-execution.

Execution: yes.
Abortion: No.
End of life care? Meaning physician-assisted-suicide? If so no, if not, I don't know what's meat.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
King Herod
Just visiting

Post by King Herod »

(Does it look awkward for King Herod to comment under a comment about killing children? Just kidding. Down with abortion!!!)
What are your thoughts on "Once Saved Always Saved"? Also, I'm new around here...so may I ask your denomination- or are you non-denominatinal?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I'm not sure about that. I don't know if you could really lose salvation, as it would take turning away and going away completely, but it could be possible. I don't know.

I am nondenominational.
Ayn/John either knew that already or is smart enough to deduce it from my church's statement of faith.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

DanP740 wrote: End of life care? Meaning physician-assisted-suicide? If so no, if not, I don't know what's meat.
So I mean the practice of "unplugging" patients who are assumed to be going to die, by taking away their life support and or food and water. Another situation would be brain dead people
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Brain dead are gone, so there isn't a reason to keep them alive, although I read an article recently about how current methods of determining brain activity aren't completely perfect and that some people aren't actually brain dead.
People that assumed to be going to die, treatment should continue, as it's possible they could recover.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011