Service/Ministires

What are you involved in?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Service/Ministires

Post by poWerbOy »

What kind of church ministries or community service organizations are you involved in?
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I think there is already a thread about this but...

We serve coffee and other drinks on Sunday Mornings. It is a good job for us, and it does take alot of work. We also do more...
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I used to be heavily involved in tech work, but now (at home) I'm involved with the music and up at college I'm Vice President of the council at my church.

-Jonathan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I help with the preschool room at my church 3 out of 4 Sundays during the school year - the full school year, not my college school year, so that covers almost 10 months.

Sometimes it's annoying, but I really do like helping with the kids!
injam
Gold Member

Post by injam »

I am one of the volunteer chuch pianists and I buy lots of baby things and put them in cute bags to give to the midwife at our church who then gives them to the mother that she delivers for, and I help in the nursery, though I can't say I'm involved at the moment do to health.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I do worship... often six times a month or more.... that's about it... it keeps me pretty busy.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Let's see....

I help in the nursery about every fifth Sunday and evey other Wendsday
I'm a leader in Awana
I help out where ever I'm needed at conferences
I sing specials
I serve and set up for fellowship dinners
My family cleans the chapel whenever the regualr people can't
I'm a leader at VBS

Basicly, I'm availabe to do anything, and love it! \:D/
Missionary
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Missionary »

I work in children's church at my church.
I have also taught some of the children's classes, but I am not doing that this year.
The past few summers, I have helped smaller churches with Vacation Bible Schools, youth rallies, and other ministries. It is really neat to meet other Christians and to be able to help them!
I have held several Bible clubs for kids in the community. I love this ministry and wish that I could do it even more!
I am planning to go help with ministries at a church in the Philippines soon. I am excited about that opportunity.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I teach Children's Church about once a month, and I'm a substitute Sunday School teacher. I sing solos about once a month, and sometimes I sing like duets or trios or somthing like that.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I have to say this summer I was taking a break. I was involved in sound team for the college group. however sinces the group has changed my services are no longer required.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Well, after a year off of teaching children's classes, I'm back.........though at a brand-new level.............kindergarten :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've been with Sr. High / college age before.......that was cool, but IMHO, I'm a bit too young and immature to be "leading" that age.

I also got suckered into teaching Jr. High............was told it'd be for "one or two weeks' until a permanent teacher was found (at that time I was permanetly situated teaching / leading Sr. High).......ended up with that group for several months before I left the church.

At one point I also taught the 1st -3rd graders........THEY are cute :yes: It was a toss up if I liked working with them or the 7th / 8th graders better. I only worked with them once or twice a month, but they were fun.

I helped in preschool / nursery on and off before too........didn't really feel like that's where I belonged, so I stopped after about two months.

Now Kindergarten is VERY new to me.........and kinda overwhelming because two of the 8-15 students (depending how many show up) are the kids I babysit (live-in position).......so it's kinda like having my own kids in the class I work with. I have also realized I know like very few of the Kindergarten level songs...........you know things like "Jesus Loves Me, This I Know" , "Jesus Loves The Little Children", "I Have Decided" (that's a multi-level song at my church).........but many of the songs they do, I am hearing for the very first time in that class.

According to the people that drug me into this, I'll only be helping out in there for "a month or so" until someone permanet can be found..........but I was told that with the Jr. High group at a different church, so I'm expecting I'll be in there for a while........if nothing else, it gets the boys I take under control to have me sitting in their classroom.........I'll stick with it until they know the rules and know how to behave.......then I'll decide if I should stay with the Kindergarten group or change levels, or just go back to my own class as a student. Either way I'll be in there for at least a month cuz I know "my" boys...........that's how long it'll take them to get better contorl of their behavior.........though in only 3 weeks they are doing MUCH better.

I am also on the chior (if that counts as a service / ministry). Which is kinda good cuz pracitce is Wed, and hour before Bible Study.........so I'm already at church for Bible Study, thus I'm not missing as much as I use to.

I also do special music (will be doing special music for church tonight)

And on occasion I will do the sermon.......kinda like it......not at all thinking I want to be a pastor.....cuz I know there's a lot more than writing a good sermon to being a pastor...........things I probably couldn't handle...........but I like occasionally doing sermons. Depends what topic I chose (or sometimes "get stuck with").

I use to be on Prison Ministries at one of my old churches.......not sure if either of the churches I go to now have it, but if they do, I might start up on that again.
Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I'm signing up for a few ministries this year...

- Youth group drama team
- Food ministry - making food for families who had a relative or friend die, or the family of someone sick. Etc.
- Childrens ministry - helping out with just about everything from making them snacks to helping with crafts.

Sarah