Please Clarify First (Split Discussion)

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Jehoshaphat wrote:Galileo was jailed because he refused to present his theory as a theory. He presented it as a fact when it was not proven.
Wait what. Why would someone want to jail someone for that? Unless they felt threatened by it.

Also in science, there's no such thing as a 100% proven "fact." And also in science, the word "theory" doesn't mean "guess," it means an idea with a large body of evidence supporting it. A hypothesis that has been tested many many times over and has been shown to be correct through multiple different experiments. Though I'm kind of tired of saying that. >_>
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Blitz wrote:Ahem, I know alot of Catholics and they still believe in salvation through works.
Who said they didn’t? We were talking about paying money for salvation.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

bookworm wrote:
Blitz wrote:Ahem, I know alot of Catholics and they still believe in salvation through works.
Who said they didn’t?
To the Protestant groups that most of these people came from, belief in salvation by "works" marks you as a non-Christian. Free gift of Jesus's death therefore not having to work for it.

-is translator for non-protestant people- ;D
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Jehoshaphat wrote:Galileo was jailed because he refused to present his theory as a theory. He presented it as a fact when it was not proven.
Nope he almost got himself jailed for proving that Aristotle was wrong about how an object falls. And Martin Luther himself escaped barely from being jailed.
I never said that people who believe in works don't go to heaven though I do believe it. Faith with out works is dead and works without faith is dead. I believe some Catholics will go to heaven and some not.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Blitz wrote:
Nope he almost got himself jailed for proving that Aristotle was wrong about how an object falls. And Martin Luther himself escaped barely from being jailed.
I never said that people who believe in works don't go to heaven though I do believe it. Faith with out works is dead and works without faith is dead. I believe some Catholics will go to heaven and some not.
And than you get to answer the age old chestnut: Is Ghandi in hell? The man who inspired Martin Luther King Jr. in his non-violent protests. The man who wanted to bring people together and stop oppression. The man who was probably the most influential for peace this side of the 19th century.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Ghandi, I believe, is in hell.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Welp. So much for God being a good guy.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Did God say he was a good guy? His ways are beyond ours. We sin willingly and he paid the way. Faith in Jesus Christ is the only way. He didn't have to send his son. He is a perfect God, merciful yet also he must have justice.
Online family
Christian's nephew

BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Seriously? You're saying God isn't good? Blitz come on, stop just saying the opposite of what ever JJJJ says.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Pancakes are delicious.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

John Chrysostom wrote:Seriously? You're saying God isn't good? Blitz come on, stop just saying the opposite of what ever JJJJ says.
I didn't say God was bad. There is no term in our human senses that could describe God. We know not the laws by which God himself lives by. We have some that give a small understanding but a true understand no.
Online family
Christian's nephew

BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Blitz you should never say that someone is in hell. Because you don't know, like you said God is merciful and we don't know how he judges us. For all you know every person beside Jesus is in Hell.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Umm... excuse me for butting in... but, doesn't the Bible tell us how God judges people? There are specific times when Jesus says how He will judge people, like when He talks about the people who will say to Him, "Lord, Lord," who will go to hell because they did not "do the will of His Father." Acts 4:12 says that salvation is found in no one other than Jesus. If Ghandi died without being united with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection, then yes, he is in hell. Could Ghandi have repented before he died? Sure. God could have saved him on his deathbed. I don't know. So, I'm not going to say where he is. But I can say, if he did this, or if he didn't do that, then he is in one place or the other, because God's Word is clear on the issue.
Last edited by Christian A. on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

So Christian A, whats your position on a person who did good things when they were alive, but died never knowing or hearing about God or Jesus? Are they going to hell because that person never accepted Jesus in their life?
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Absolutely not. They're not going to hell because they didn't hear about Jesus. They go to hell because of their sins. The Bible is very clear that everyone sins, no matter how morally good they may seem as a person, and everyone therefore deserves hell. And, actually, in Isaiah, God says that even our supposed "righteous" acts are seen by Him as filthy. So even when we think we're doing good, God hates it, because it comes out of a corrupt heart.

Even if someone could do good, however, they'd still have sins to account for, and without Jesus, they cannot be accounted for. Therefore, they will go to hell--not because they didn't accept Jesus, but because they offended a holy God by their sinning.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Pancakes are delicious.
^^^Like^^^ :mrgreen:

*Never Again*
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Christian A. wrote:Absolutely not. They're not going to hell because they didn't hear about Jesus. They go to hell because of their sins. The Bible is very clear that everyone sins, no matter how morally good they may seem as a person, and everyone therefore deserves hell. And, actually, in Isaiah, God says that even our supposed "righteous" acts are seen by Him as filthy. So even when we think we're doing good, God hates it, because it comes out of a corrupt heart.

Even if someone could do good, however, they'd still have sins to account for, and without Jesus, they cannot be accounted for. Therefore, they will go to hell--not because they didn't accept Jesus, but because they offended a holy God by their sinning.
So even if you don't know you're sinning, you're still sinning anyways? That's enough merit for a person to go to hell? Well ain't that jolly. More than half of the world is probably going to die and burn in hell for eternity because they never had the convenience of being born into a Christian family. Or even hearing about Christianity for that matter.

I'm learning more about hell everyday.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

gunblader3 wrote:Well ain't that jolly. More than half of the world is probably going to die and burn in hell for eternity because they never had the convenience of being born into a Christian family. Or even hearing about Christianity for that matter.
No... that's exactly what I said isn't the case. No one goes to hell because they weren't born into a Christian family or never heard about Christianity. They go to hell because they sin.

John won't agree with this, but Romans 5:12 says that when Adam sinned in Eden, we all sinned. Therefore, we all inherit a sinful nature upon conception. We are all naturally inclined toward sinning from the very beginning. And, the Bible would seem to indicate, we can do nothing but sin until God gives us a new heart that desires to do good. So, it's our own fault that we sin, because we took part in the rebellion against God in the beginning. We are to blame for our sin, we are to blame for our condemnation to hell, not the fact that we weren't privileged enough to hear about Christianity. I didn't deserve to hear about Jesus. I deserved to rot in hell forever. But, by the grace of God, I heard the gospel, and God used it to change my heart so that I could believe on Christ and be saved. Nobody ever gets saved from hell because they deserved it, but rather because God is merciful.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

So, it's our own fault that we sin, because we took part in the rebellion against God in the beginning
Just to be clear under your line of reasoning our own fault = being born. So yeah being born is totally our fault, if only we in our sperm form hadn't out swum all those other sperm to fertilize that egg, I guess that's the sin of pride rearing it's ugly head.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

No, I think you misunderstood me. Our problem is that we rebelled with Adam in the beginning. Romans 5:12 indicates that when Adam sinned, we all sinned, because he was our head, our representative (as Jesus is for the Church), so when he became spiritually dead as a result of his sin, we became spiritually dead as a result of our sin. Therefore, we are born spiritually dead, and it's our fault.