Hurricane Katrina

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Hurricane Katrina

Post by Carolita »

......y'all praying?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have been! I was watching CNN for a while, and it seems like that's all there is that we can do. It's such a sad situation.
Missionary
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Missionary »

I've been praying too. A couple from our church moved to New Orleans a few months ago. They made it back here safely, but they have lost everything. Our church is planning to help them. There are so many people still there without help though!
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I am praying that the people will be back to a good life really soon!
*returns*
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I have been praying! :pray:
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I have been and will keep praying. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I've been reading stuff in the news...it's all so terrible! How awful would it be to be forced out of your homes...and...:sniff: Grrr...it's so awful. I wish that I could do something other than just pray and donate money. But then again...prayer does work miracles....
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Frank wrote:Grrr...it's so awful. I wish that I could do something other than just pray and donate money. But then again...prayer does work miracles....
I certainly know what you mean. It leaves me with a helpless feelling that drives me nuts. But like is often said in aio, we often don't see the positive results of obscure actions.

-Jonathan
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Jonathan wrote:
Frank wrote:Grrr...it's so awful. I wish that I could do something other than just pray and donate money. But then again...prayer does work miracles....
I certainly know what you mean. It leaves me with a helpless feelling that drives me nuts. But like is often said in aio, we often don't see the positive results of obscure actions.

-Jonathan
Ah...good old AIO...reminds us of the oh-so-simple values of life. I love you, Adventures in Odyssey. *remembers some of the tender Blackgaard episodes from DBD* But it's still hard to play that out into real life and not feel helpless.
Sonny C Rathbne Doyle
OK

Post by Sonny C Rathbne Doyle »

:bye: So sad. Pray for them. :hug:
:pray:
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

I'm doing it
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

I've been praying and donating a majority of my time to raise money for them, also purchasing supplies as well. :)
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Praying. Can't do enough of that.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

My city offered to take in 1800 people, and were all ready for them, but at the last minute, the people decided they didn't want to come here. But my school has been donating money and preparing boxes to send out!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

As my town isn't incredibly large, not many refugees have come here, but a few have. But as the town was impacted by a horrendous flood almost 8.5 years ago (which at the time was the largest federal evacuation ever, and the most successful) the town has sent a lot of help; money, clothes, food, etc.

-Jonathan
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

We don't have many yet either. My company had thousands of employees in the affected areas. New policy is that all job opening have to be offered to them first. At my branch we have 7 positions so hopefully we can help a few people. The local news has been doing collections and people have been giving! It is amazing! We have had "a state of emergency" in my city twice in the last 4 years, plus surrounding area have been overwhelmed by tornados. Still, people are really jumping in and doing all they can.