3 Types of Churches

Beware! It's a BlimeyCow video

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.

3 Types of Churches

Postby IrishTiger » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:04 pm

What say y'all? Like any of the points he makes? Totally disagree with him?
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria

Joshua 1:9
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Proverbial Hippie

Cash on hand: 105.70
Bank: 212.74

Re: 3 Types of Churches

Postby ~JCGJ~ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:14 pm

My church kind of fits between number one, and number two... We love our traditions, but we also love a lot of comtemporary ideas that are rising these days.
I am Mr. Green
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
That is all.

Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
~JCGJ~

I am :mrgreen:

Location: Probably riding my AWESOME maxi-scooter on some back road somewhere...

Cash on hand: 62.74
Bank: 631.96

Re: 3 Types of Churches

Postby TigerintheShadows » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:44 pm

I attend a mega church, and I happen to really like it there--for the most part, we've just been blessed to have the funding for our bookstore/coffee shop. We teach the Bible, plain and simple. I'm pretty sure, however, that more than one person has been drawn by the allure of a fresh cup of O'Henry's coffee. ;) I thought that the "turned-over tables" line was pretty funny, because I'm pretty sure that for some of these mega churches, they really do exist to turn the Father's house into a den of robbers.

I also couldn't help laughing at the youth-pastor!Jordan rendition of an altar call. :lol: "You guys are killing me..."

Additionally: "What is this filth? I don't wanna talk to you people! I chose a big church for a reason!" :hilarious:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
I spam the HH. A lot
TigerintheShadows

can I finally update my status, or...?

Cash on hand: 4,955.99
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (14)

Return to Second Church of Odyssey