Sovereign Grace Ministry & The Gospel Coalition

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Sovereign Grace Ministry & The Gospel Coalition

Post by John Chrysostom »

What does everyone think of SGM and TGC's handling of this situation?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/tulli ... on-120062/
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I've been keeping up with this a bit, and I honestly don't know what exactly to think. I like a lot of the guys in TGC, and I especially like Tullian Tchividjian. I really don't think he would have responded like he did if he hadn't seen a real problem. It does seem like SGM was at least a little negligent, if not kinda sketchy, in the way they handled the situation. And then TGC was definitely premature in supporting C.J. Mahaney prematurely just because he's one of their guys. Tchividjian's response may have been slightly less tactful than I would have liked, but I thought he did have a good point.

I think it's pretty shameful that TGC seems to have told him to leave because of this issue and then tried to cover it up with a little dispute they have about sanctification, when that was never the impression that Tchividjian got. The whole situation is just unfortunate and unnecessary conflict among men whom I believe are brothers in Christ.