Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:19 pm 
The Council must persist
User avatar
Stars are only visible in darkness

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Posts: 1958
Age: 19

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
I think Christ became flesh to not only fufill prophesy to identify himself with his creation in away.

_________________
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:22 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
The State is a lie

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Posts: 3593

Cash: 1,001.97
Bank: 0.00
Why was it important that He identify Himself with us?


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:57 am 
The Council must persist
User avatar
Stars are only visible in darkness

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Posts: 1958
Age: 19

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
To show us he loves us.

_________________
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 pm 
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
User avatar
the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Posts: 9161
Age: 25
Gender: Male

Cash: 1,066.72
Bank: 4,500.00
Blitz wrote:
To show us he loves us.

This is about the only thing you've said so far that actually falls in line with any sort of traditional, theological understanding of who Jesus was/is. Now that you have the thesis statement covered, it would be apt to backtrack in order to reconcile a proper understanding of who Jesus was, both in a historical and religious context, for the sake of properly understanding what that love actually looks like.

Your default interpretation of Jesus (correct me if I'm wrong) seems to paint an image of a kind of Hercules; a god who's humanity is mostly farce, a half-hearted cloak for his supernatural awesomeness. He's only human so much as he sort of looks like a human, albeit with incredibly good genes so as to be as attractive and admirable as possible in the physical sense. He must be like Wolverine in the way that he's immortal and can heal instantly and probably doesn't get sick, and maybe he even looks like Hugh Jackman with his shirt off. But Superhero Jesus doesn't account for the dual nature of Christ held by proper Christian theology and understanding. It misses out on the purpose of the incarnation: for Jesus to completely humble himself as Paul explains in his letter to the Philippians:

"Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!"
Philippians 2:6-8

Making himself "nothing" doesn't exactly sound like Hercules or Wolverine to me. It sounds like a man who you might pass on the street without a second glance. It sounds like a man who probably didn't win any awards for "Sexiest Man Alive." It sounds like a man who occasionally needed a box of tissues, because there was nothing magical in his genes that gave him Wolverine-like immunity to injury or sickness.

Blitz, your "opinions" appear to have more in common with Docetism and other ancient heresies that have been long since dismantled and disowned by the Church. It is theologically heretical to believe in a version of Jesus that wasn't completely human as Scripture foretold, because by building up a fantasy version of Jesus you miss out on what Paul is actually talking about in his letter to the Philippians. You miss out on the very purpose of Christ's dual nature.

_________________
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:47 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
It's such a big city. I feel so stupid thinking I might see you if I wander around.

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:37 pm

Posts: 293
Age: 100
Gender: Male

Cash: 94.70
Bank: 0.00
Jelly wrote:
Blitz wrote:
To show us he loves us.

This is about the only thing you've said so far that actually falls in line with any sort of traditional, theological understanding of who Jesus was/is. Now that you have the thesis statement covered, it would be apt to backtrack in order to reconcile a proper understanding of who Jesus was, both in a historical and religious context, for the sake of properly understanding what that love actually looks like.

Your default interpretation of Jesus (correct me if I'm wrong) seems to paint an image of a kind of Hercules; a god who's humanity is mostly farce, a half-hearted cloak for his supernatural awesomeness. He's only human so much as he sort of looks like a human, albeit with incredibly good genes so as to be as attractive and admirable as possible in the physical sense. He must be like Wolverine in the way that he's immortal and can heal instantly and probably doesn't get sick, and maybe he even looks like Hugh Jackman with his shirt off. But Superhero Jesus doesn't account for the dual nature of Christ held by proper Christian theology and understanding. It misses out on the purpose of the incarnation: for Jesus to completely humble himself as Paul explains in his letter to the Philippians:

"Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!"
Philippians 2:6-8

Making himself "nothing" doesn't exactly sound like Hercules or Wolverine to me. It sounds like a man who you might pass on the street without a second glance. It sounds like a man who probably didn't win any awards for "Sexiest Man Alive." It sounds like a man who occasionally needed a box of tissues, because there was nothing magical in his genes that gave him Wolverine-like immunity to injury or sickness.

Blitz, your "opinions" appear to have more in common with Docetism and other ancient heresies that have been long since dismantled and disowned by the Church. It is theologically heretical to believe in a version of Jesus that wasn't completely human as Scripture foretold, because by building up a fantasy version of Jesus you miss out on what Paul is actually talking about in his letter to the Philippians. You miss out on the very purpose of Christ's dual nature.

I was gonna post something, but this sums it up better than I would have.

_________________
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:00 am 
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
User avatar
Proverbial Hippie

Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Posts: 195
Age: 23
Gender: Female

Cash: 105.70
Bank: 212.74
Jelly. Thank you.

_________________
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Image

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria


Joshua 1:9


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:41 pm 
The Council must persist
User avatar
Stars are only visible in darkness

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Posts: 1958
Age: 19

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
You misinterpret what I say. Jesus is ruler of this universe. I cannot tell you how he felt or if he got sick. I simply am saying is that whatever he felt was because he chose to feel it. He chose to die, He chose to come to this earth. That is what I am saying. Not that he was some handsome hulk. I simply am saying that each side is a possibility.

_________________
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
It's such a big city. I feel so stupid thinking I might see you if I wander around.

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:37 pm

Posts: 293
Age: 100
Gender: Male

Cash: 94.70
Bank: 0.00
Blitz wrote:
I simply am saying is that whatever he felt was because he chose to feel it.

Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting, are you saying that Jesus only felt to choose certain feelings? That his feelings didn't happen naturally?

_________________
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:33 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
The State is a lie

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Posts: 3593

Cash: 1,001.97
Bank: 0.00
And Jelly and I are saying that no, each side is not a possibility. The side you're advocating as possible would not fit with the Traditional understanding of Christ


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:32 pm 
The Council must persist
User avatar
Stars are only visible in darkness

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Posts: 1958
Age: 19

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
Not feeling BMW, physical ailments. Is it not true John that Jesus has control over all the world? So would it not be plausible that he could easily not get sick? I can't imagine the disciples tell the crowds that Jesus was sick so they should come again tommorow.

_________________
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:51 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
The State is a lie

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Posts: 3593

Cash: 1,001.97
Bank: 0.00
As Jelly and I are saying, Christ humbled Himself He made Himself to be a servant He lived like we do as humans. You are dangerously close to denying the human nature of Christ and making it out to be some kind of illusion by saying He never actually experienced anything as we humans did, if that's the case why did He need to be fully human? What does fully human mean to you?


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:02 pm 
The Council must persist
User avatar
Stars are only visible in darkness

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Posts: 1958
Age: 19

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
One simple question before I answer you, "Where Adam and Eve fully human?"

_________________
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:15 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
The State is a lie

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Posts: 3593

Cash: 1,001.97
Bank: 0.00
A question in return, did they live in a fallen world?


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:41 am 
The Council must persist
User avatar
Stars are only visible in darkness

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Posts: 1958
Age: 19

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
No, they did not, but Jesus is God. The only time sin could touch him was on the cross and even then he was not corrupted by it. For him to be sick, he would have to have been corrupted by sin.

_________________
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:55 am 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
User avatar
SnC. I miss you!

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Posts: 5963
Age: 3

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
That post does not make sense. "The only time sin could touch him was on the cross and even then he was not corrupted by it." Could you explain that for me please?

So Blitz, what you're telling me is that Jesus chose not to get sick? He, in His divine nature, chose not to let any particle of bacteria or any virus into body/bloodstream? If I'm tempted to complain because I'm sick (which I complain alot), are you telling me God can't help me overcome that sin because He doesn't know what sickness is like?

_________________
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:
I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:05 pm 
The Council must persist
User avatar
Stars are only visible in darkness

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Posts: 1958
Age: 19

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
Sickness is a result of the entropy of the body and the world. So theoretically, if Jesus's body was like the original man uncorrupted by sin, he would ever get sick.

_________________
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:25 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
User avatar
SnC. I miss you!

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Posts: 5963
Age: 3

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
Whitty Whit wrote:
That post does not make sense. "The only time sin could touch him was on the cross and even then he was not corrupted by it." Could you explain that for me please?

So Blitz, what you're telling me is that Jesus chose not to get sick? He, in His divine nature, chose not to let any particle of bacteria or any virus into body/bloodstream? If I'm tempted to complain because I'm sick (which I complain alot), are you telling me God can't help me overcome that sin because He doesn't know what sickness is like?

_________________
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:
I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:23 pm 
The Council must persist
User avatar
Stars are only visible in darkness

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Posts: 1958
Age: 19

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
Who knows? I mean if you think about it, Jesus controls nature. He could have. It is a possibility although unlikely.

_________________
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:10 pm 
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
User avatar
SnC. I miss you!

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Posts: 5963
Age: 3

Cash: 781.26
Bank: 0.00
Whitty Whit wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:
That post does not make sense. "The only time sin could touch him was on the cross and even then he was not corrupted by it." Could you explain that for me please?

_________________
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:
I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: Jesus with a box of tissues
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:49 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
The State is a lie

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Posts: 3593

Cash: 1,001.97
Bank: 0.00
We seem to have come back around to the claim that sickness is the result of sin. But then you say, rightly so, that sickness is the result of entropy. So which is it? If this is simply a possibility although unlikely why do you keep defending the position?

Also if Christ were human like Adam and Eve were in the Garden then He was not human like us or even Adam and Eve since they fell and became like us, so Christ's incarnation would save no one.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.